2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    I have him at 20th as it stands with another £100k if he makes the final. I think he'd actually be 15th, just a little behind Shaun Murphy but above Luca Brecel.
    I got my info from snooker.org. He's currently 20th with £242,600. Another £100k puts him £342,600. Puts him 17th behind Maquire I think.

Comment

• Nice couple of quick frames from Judd there, keep it going

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        I got my info from snooker.org. He's currently 20th with £242,600. Another £100k puts him £342,600. Puts him 17th behind Maquire I think.
        Ah, World Snooker has him currently on £262,600 in their live rankings.

Comment

• By the way, does not the speaker jokes so much about Gilbert?

In his first semi-final session says about him "he is anything but famous", today, in the second session: "he had no penny in the pocket"

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
            By the way, does not the speaker jokes so much about Gilbert?

In his first semi-final session says about him "he is anything but famous", today, in the second session: "he had no penny in the pocket"
            I think both statements are true.

Penniless- Dave Gilbert has made as much prize money in the last 2 seasons as he did in the preceding 15. He's fallen off the tour once, and had seasons when he didn't win a single match outside of qualifiers. This means, some seasons he would have run at a loss after expenses. It took him until 2016/17 to break into the top 32, and was generally considered a journeyman until recent years.

Famous- he is not famous. I can guarantee that no one I know in my day-to-day life will have heard of Dave Gilbert. They'd probably think I was talking about the guy from Pink Floyd and had got the name wrong.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
              Ah, World Snooker has him currently on £262,600 in their live rankings.
              Thx, not sure why there is a difference of 20k. I'll see if I can work it out but I find the World Snooker site quite difficult to navigate round.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                A match is always more interesting when Virgo is commentating [...]
                I love JV, as I do DT. No BBC tournament is the same if either are absent. And Len Ganley, my all time favourite referee.

I've noticed a slight shaking in JV's head of late, which as you say is a little concerning. I only hope it's simply down to his age and not a sign of anything more serious.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• he has been shaking for some years, and getting progressively more noticeable and I think related to the accident that severely damage his neck.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    he has been shaking for some years, and getting progressively more noticeable and I think related to the accident that severely damage his neck.
                    Someone fell on top of him when he was in Panto ( oh yes they did). He was pretty badly hurt. Think it was his neck that was damaged.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      he has been shaking for some years, and getting progressively more noticeable and I think related to the accident that severely damage his neck.
                      Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Someone fell on top of him when he was in Panto ( oh yes they did). He was pretty badly hurt. Think it was his neck that was damaged.
                      Yes, I knew about the panto accident, but wasn't linking it with the shaking.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Did anyone catch what the crowd member said to the ref?? Whatever it was he certainly wasn't going to let the session start until he'd been thrown out.

I suspect it was a 'f*ck off' in response to his call for quiet, but that's only a guess.
                        Last edited by Billy; 3 May 2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Why was Virgo doing pantos in the first place.

He should have done the comedy circuit while he was at it (his take offs of other players in his black ball skit are tremendous)

What did the person in the audience say? Was it a response to the mobiles off request? Tuned in as it was happening.
                          Last edited by snookerball; 3 May 2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• I can only assume it was f*** off as well because that would warrant the response from the referee. If it was something like NO then his reaction was a bit overkill. I noticed whoever it was didn't own up and tried to hide. No doubt they didn't want to face the humiliation of being lead out like a naughty schoolboy.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              Did anyone catch what the crowd member said to the ref?? Whatever it was he certainly wasn't going to let the session start until he'd been thrown out.

I suspect it was a 'f*ck off' in response to his call for quiet, but that's only a guess.
                              Ref certainly got annoyed by whatever it was, good on him, too many knobs around

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                                Why was Virgo doing pantos in the first place.
                                He should have done the comedy circuit while he was at it (his take offs of other players in his black ball skit are tremendous)
                                Guess he wanted the cash! Nice little earner.

Comment

Working...
                                X