Player Career Centuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Career Centuries

I know where I can view career centuries for players who have made a hundred hundreds - wikipedia/Chris Turner's website, but is there any where I can access statistics to players who haven't made a hundred hundreds?

i havent made a 100 100s if that helps

Comment

well on chris turners website it gives a rundown of players that are close to the 100 mark with Greame Dott currently on 83 centuries ...

and on 98 Ali Carter should break the 100 barrier at the China Open.

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
        I know where I can view career centuries for players who have made a hundred hundreds - wikipedia/Chris Turner's website, but is there any where I can access statistics to players who haven't made a hundred hundreds?
        maybe try janie watkins on GSC she might know of something.
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
          well on chris turners website it gives a rundown of players that are close to the 100 mark with Greame Dott currently on 83 centuries ...

and on 98 Ali Carter should break the 100 barrier at the China Open.
          Yeam, I'm aware of that, FTR for anyone else interested, this one is updated rather regularly.

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
          maybe try janie watkins on GSC she might know of something.
          I'm not familiar with this person.

I'm more interested to notice how prolific the likes of the younger players are at making centuries as well as seeing how the players from the 80s hold up. I'd like to see the stats of Wenbo, Trump, Cope etc and also Thorburn, Taylor, and co.

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
            Yeam, I'm aware of that, FTR for anyone else interested, this one is updated rather regularly.

I'm not familiar with this person.

I'm more interested to notice how prolific the likes of the younger players are at making centuries as well as seeing how the players from the 80s hold up. I'd like to see the stats of Wenbo, Trump, Cope etc and also Thorburn, Taylor, and co.
            Sorry to dig up an old post ... has anybody had any luck in helping out gettingbetter with a site listing these stats? I'd also like to see one that lists the number of centuries made by players from the past and also from
            players not in the top 16 etc.

Comment

I think the guy who compiles the haloed site http://www.cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Centuries.htm
              is a member on here known as cajt.

He may well have much more info available....

He welcomes queries on his site on this link

http://www.cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/help.html

so you may be able to contact him through that or PM him through TSF
              "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Thanks for that dannyd0g ... i'll follow it up

Comment

There was one user who linked me to a list of current day players on another thread which had the current players. Don't know where that is now.

Comment

http://www.cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Centuries.htm

that list sais a lot about the importance of centuries.

Barry Pinches and Nigel Bond turned profesional together in 1989 Barry has scored 2 more centuries including a 147 but Nigel has had the better carear and recognised by far the better player.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                      http://www.cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Centuries.htm

that list sais a lot about the importance of centuries.

Barry Pinches and Nigel Bond turned profesional together in 1989 Barry has scored 2 more centuries including a 147 but Nigel has had the better carear and recognised by far the better player.
                      Are you saying you dont think centuries are important

Your example shows it doesnt always mean if you get more centuries you will win more titles, but in general the better players win more titles and make more centuries along the way. The top 4 title winners are also the top 4 century makers as Hendry, Davis and Ronnie and John Higgins show..

IMO centuries are a great measure of talent. To me Ronnie is doing much better on this measure than he is on the measure of winning titles. He stands a chance of becoming the all time greatest century maker, but no chance of winning more tiles than Hendry.

Comment

what im saying a century wins 1 frame however 2 80 breaks wins 2 frames....

with Hendrys dominance of making breaks during the 90s the talk of centuries has taken over the thought of many people and the young players inparticular so they go out with breaks in mind rather than the first and only goal of a profesional putting frames on the board.

Comment

Working...
                        X