Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best shot you've ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best shot you've ever played?

Mine would have to be one that i played quite some years back. I was playing in what was then my local club, having a knock about with someone.
    I remember i was on a colour but with no obvious one to go for as none of them went anyway. All i had near to me and the pocket was the pink. Imagine if you can, the cueball is blue side over the baulkline and the pink is near to the yellow pocket. The only trouble is that there is a red over that pocket. Well i must have had one of my intuitive heads on that day because no sooner had i thought of it, i was taking it on!!!

What happened next was truely magnificent!!! What i did was nominate the pink and played it towards the red which was covering the pocket. As the pink made contact it rattled the red away leaving the pink right over the pocket, only for the topspin of the cueball to knock it in! Not only was i amazed that it worked, but that i saw it in the first place!!!

Who can beat that???:snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

What is the best shot you've ever played?
    Without doubt a final black on 140 which was well missable, here is a rough idea of where black and white was
    Attached Files

Comment

To hold your nerve like that is superb. My record is 6 reds and blacks (48)
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Well, this is a trick shot Cliff Thorburn used to do on these loose tables we have in Canada in some clubs. I was playing a money match in Montreal and with blue, pink and black on cushions and the brown my game ball here's what I tried.

Brown was frozen to the middle of the baulk cushion, cueball about 1in to the left of the pink spot. (difficult safety anyway) Using a lot of right-hand siding I cut the brown into the green pocket sweet as a nut and then because of the siding I broke the blue off the top side cushion and it came to rest right over the top pocket.

End of frame, end of match as my opponent quit after that shot, however he did pay up and shook my hand, saying (he was French Canadian) 'tabernac, I've never seen a shot like that one'. You're too good for me (actually I wasn't but I used to practice that trick shot every once in a while)

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

A few years back playing on a full size 9-ball table.
          The white was an inch from the side-cushion and 3 inches from the corner pocket. The object ball was hanging over the pocket at the other end of the table on the same side-cushion.
          To make matters worst the white ball was completely surrounded by the other balls. I could not even play off the side cushion to hit the object ball. Me being a snooker player meaning I didn't know how to play jump shots. So i elected to hit the ball against the back cushion with top spin, the white ball hit the cuchion and jumped over the balls and potted the object ball.
          High fives from everyone around the table

Comment

Well I didn't really play for this, it was 1984 and our "C" grade team needed a win to make it to the semi final. It was the final frame and a black ball game, my opponent had potted pink but had missed potting the black leaving it about 10" from the corner pocket and 1.5" off the top cushion with the cue ball hard on the side cushion near the diagonal blue pocket, I struck the cue ball firmly enough towards the black only to hit it thinly sending it towards the corner pocket with no chance of potting it. The cue ball went quickly to the bottom cushion. Our opponents were cheering and jumping for joy thinking that their team mate would have the easiest of blacks to pot and a chance for the semi. But alas it was not to be because as the cue ball came off the bottom cush it had a tad of side on it that sent it towards the black and I quickly said it hasn't finished yet fellas and as they turned to watch the cue ball it hit the black and potted it for a win. By the way our side went on to win that grand final beating a team who had not lost a match all season.

Comment

Working...
            X