X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqX9A5g0-I
    What was that?
    Obviosly it was Davids fault he said nothing about that and then missed straight-forward green...but
    what actually must be done there??
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

hhhmm

id forgot about this one, i feel common sense should prevail.

Comment

As the white never left the bed of the table the balls should have been left where they landed, without ball in hand, and he should have been warned about ungentlemanly conduct shouldn't he?
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

YES> indeed. just like that time with selby m dott! only the white didnt disrupt other balls in selbys match. thats an a-hole thing to do tho. hit the ball like that cause it went in off.

Comment

Well, he was obviously done with that frame. If I was refereeing, and he said he wasn't conceding, even after intentionally disturbing the balls after the shot had been played, I'd immediately award the frame to his opponent, and warn him that further behaviour such as this would lose him the match.

Comment

His behavior is the same as concieving in that situation.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

The referee was wrong to spot the green and allow David Taylor to play from in hand. As the balls had not stopped moving, Patsy Fagin's turn had NOT ended, as the stroke was not complete (Section 2 Rule 6(c)).
              Also, the cue-ball had not left the bed of the table. So, David Taylor should have played from where the cue-ball had come to rest, not from in hand.
              Did he (David Taylor) win the frame/match as a result of the decision?
              Last edited by DawRef; 21 January 2010, 10:30 PM.
              You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
                The referee was wrong to spot the green and allow David Taylor to play from in hand. As the balls had not stopped moving, Patsy Fagin's turn had NOT ended, as the stroke was not complete (Section 2 Rule 6(c)).
                Also, the cue-ball had not left the bed of the table. So, David Taylor should have played from where the cue-ball had come to rest, not from in hand.
                Did he (David Taylor) win the frame/match as a result of the decision?
                It was said in that video that David Taylor lost that frame and the match.
                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness View Post
                  It was said in that video that David Taylor lost that frame and the match.
                  yeah that's right, Patsy beat him 10-9..
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

There was much controversy about it at the time and it was discussed in some detail in that month's Snooker Scene – I'll dig it out in the next couple of days and see what was said.

Technically, as the rules are now, the referee was wrong to replace the balls, as stated upthread. However, the Rules in those days were far more woollily (is that a word?) worded than they are today, and it may be that the referee's discretion was far more available than it is today.

Comment

Thats really controversial...but looking sense thats the end of the frame
                      If you got annoyed you are went in-off and then you put cue-ball in tricky position...
                      BTW referee could have thought that cue ball was going on so definetely ball in hand

Comment

Does the comments from Statman and the otter referees in here mean, that if you make a mistake on the white to leave the table open with 50+ on (Selby leaving the table at the UK Championship 2007 against Ronnie O´Sullivan 8 - 8 would be a good example), you can just mess around with all the balls without beeing docked a frame and still play on ?
                        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          Does the comments from Statman and the otter referees in here mean, that if you make a mistake on the white to leave the table open with 50+ on (Selby leaving the table at the UK Championship 2007 against Ronnie O´Sullivan 8 - 8 would be a good example), you can just mess around with all the balls without beeing docked a frame and still play on ?
                          Sound stupid isnt it??

Comment

I don't know if this is what you are on about but, you cannot concede a frame unless you are at the snookers required stage. If you do, the referee will warn you that if you do it again, then you will be docked a frame and a further incursion, could lose you the match!!
                            If you were 30 behind with 43 on, with the black and a red on the cushion and the pink tight against the yellow, even if you had left the other red sitting on a pocket, it would be unlikely you would concede.
                            You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                              There was much controversy about it at the time and it was discussed in some detail in that month's Snooker Scene – I'll dig it out in the next couple of days and see what was said.
                              Save you looking i've just found my copy.

This is all i could find in that month's Snooker Scene:

He pulled up to 7-7, dropped the next frame but levelled at 8-8 after an extraordinary incident when, in a fit of exasperation, he whacked the cue-ball with his cue as it was going into a pocket and inadvertently disturbed the green and blue as well. Referee Jim Thorpe replaced the balls as near as possible to their original position but Taylor missed a simple green from hand and went on to lose the frame.

The incident did nothing to improve the overall quality of play as, with the nerves of both players rubbed raw, the match reached 9-9.
                              Nothing looked less likely than that the match would be decided in one visit but Fagan, keeping the cue-ball in perfect position until he had passed the half-century, produced the highest break of the match a 78, to earn his place in the second round..
                              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                              X