No announcement yet.

Best route to Main Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't really know what is best until Q-school is tried.

Comment

but i know PIOS is down there with the worst.

i have no problam with the pios concept but it has to go to other countries and spread it about similar to the PTC having 8 players qualify for the main tour courtasy of HIDEHI was stupid.

i also want qualifying for overseas tournaments played overseas.

it was pathetic this season some chinese players couldn't play in shanghai because they didn't have visas to go to north wales.....jesus christ all mighty.

Comment

Q-School is a lottery, with a bit of luck most decent amateurs could get to the main tour. PIOS is the best over a season which I think is better, plus it gives amateurs tournaments all season
        2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

Doing away with PIOS will certainly provide more opportunities for the NGBs to be more active in running tournaments throughout the year.

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
            Doing away with PIOS will certainly provide more opportunities for the NGBs to be more active in running tournaments throughout the year.

makes no difference here. Scotland is maxed out with events anyway. The £100,000 plus that PIOS provided will be sorely missed though. The solution was to provide PIOS type tours elsewhere in the world to make it easier for "overseas" players.

Now there is a misnomer! A World governing body referring to " overseas" players.

Now we have a system where amateur players and their backers are subsidising the pro tour!

Comment

Could someone explain me what is this q-school?

Thanks!

Comment

From Hearn's blueprint:

I propose that the current PIOS tour be cancelled for 2010/11 and replaced by a Q School system to operate over four events, staged at the Academy, and played over a 14 day period following the 2011 World Professional Championship. Entry to Q School would be £1,000 and a minimum of 12 players would be awarded their tour card.

There is no prize money for Q-School, and this is the only route to Main Tour unless you qualify through your own NGB. European or IBSF event.

Comment

Just a reminder, this is the proposed allocation of Main Tour places for 2011/12:

2011/12 Season Proposed Qualifying Criteria
                  England 1
                  Wales 1
                  Scotland 1
                  Northern Ireland 1
                  Irish Republic 1
                  Asia 3
                  Europe 2
                  IBSF World Champ 1
                  IBSF U21 Champ 1
                  From 2010/11 PTC Events
                  for players not in top 64 at end of season 8
                  Q School Pro Cards - minimum 12

Comment

Thinking about it, I wonder how the Q-School places will be allocated: there's 12 places and four events. 3 players from each event? Losing semi-finalists to play-off?

Comment

Thinking about it, I wonder how the Q-School places will be allocated: there's 12 places and four events. 3 players from each event? Losing semi-finalists to play-off?
                      Maybe the 4 winners and runners up of each event and maybe 4 wildcards based on how they performed in each of the other 4, sounds about as fair as can be IMO.

Comment

i'm not sure about the fine detail yet but they may have a "ranking list" through the events and maybe take winner and runner up from each event plus "next best" off the list or something - but that would assume people play in the all the events.
                        Janie Watkins
                        On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                        All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

I think Q-School would be a good system IF there was a bit of prize money available, doesn't have to be massive, but something to help with expenses.

Comment

Oh dear me. All this is becoming rather confusing for such a young lad like me, can someone PM me Hearn's statement which includes all this information?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
                              Oh dear me. All this is becoming rather confusing for such a young lad like me, can someone PM me Hearn's statement which includes all this information?
                              You have,nt got time to read through it all mr p

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                                You have,nt got time to read through it all mr p
                                I'll be printing it off and reading it another time.

Comment

Working...
                                X