Pro players and cue lenght

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro players and cue lenght

Hi guys can you help me compile a list of pro snooker players and the length of cue that they use.
    Thanks caz

as far I'v gained info regarding pros specs:
    Ronnie's cue length-58 1/8in
    Marco Fu-57.5
    Mark Selby-57in
    Graeme Dott-55in[probably the shortest cue used in the pro circuit]
    Higgins-56in
    Jimmy white-59in or fractionally above.
    Maguire-earlier was 57.5 when he was using 1pc maple
    Ding-56in
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Thanks sunny, you done a good job there and you have two of the players I was really interested in. Anyone else got any keep them coming. I find the biggest surprise there is Jimmy at 59 inch and on the other end of the scale is dott at 55 who I just been watching on youtube and even with the cue at 55 inch's he still shortens it on some shots.

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
        Marco Fu-57.5
        Mark Selby-57in
        Higgins-56in
        Ding-56in
        Hi sunny, you don't happen to have balance points with those?

Comment

Mark Selbys cue has always been 58in long, that was confirmed to me by Paul Roberts who made it.
          Kevin Deroo told me that Marcos cue was 57 5/8in long.
          I seem to remember that John Higgins cue was 55in long
          Maguire uses a 58.5in cue

Oldgit

Marco Fu-57.5
          Mark Selby-57in
          Higgins-56in
          Ding-56in
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
            Mark Selbys cue has always been 58in long, that was confirmed to me by Paul Roberts who made it.
            Kevin Deroo told me that Marcos cue was 57 5/8in long.
            I seem to remember that John Higgins cue was 55in long
            Maguire uses a 58.5in cue

Oldgit
            I had a feeling someone would have a different set of spec's. can any one confirm Higgins cue length.

Comment

Neil Robertson's is 59. I hung out with Neil during a few National Junior Eightball Comps. He was far more driven when playing snooker than eightball.

Comment

Originally Posted by cris0000food View Post
                Neil Robertson's is 59. I hung out with Neil during a few National Junior Eightball Comps. He was far more driven when playing snooker than eightball.
                Didn't Neil get his cue lengthen to 59. Do you know what it was before.

Comment

Quite interesting the big difference's in pros specs, just goes to show we are all different and there is no size what fits all. Or can you play with a cue exactly to someone elses spec. Once read a fred davis book which he states pros play with cues considerably shorter than amateurs. Remember ray reardon playing with a shortish cue.

Comment

Here is the info I have gleaned from several sources:

Dominic Dale - Hunt & Osborne (Black Plate?) 1pc 57" (obviously this has changed recently so could be anything now )
                    Graeme Dott - Andy Gibbs 1pc 55"
                    Marco Fu - Kevin Deroo 57 5/8"
                    John Higgins - North West Cues (Kevin Muncaster) 1pc 55" or 56"
                    Ding Junhui - Stamford 1pc 142cm (55.9")
                    Jack Lisowski - John Parris 1pc 57 3/4"
                    Stephen Maguire - John Parris Ultimate 1pc 58 1/2"
                    Ronnie O'Sullivan - John Parris Ultimate 1pc 58 1/8"
                    Neil Robertson - John Parris Classic 3/4 59"
                    Mark Selby - Stamford 1pc 58"
                    Jimmy White - 59"

If anyone has other information for these and any other players past/present, please feel free to join in
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This is from the Craftsman website for Mark Williams replica cue they are selling -

We weighed & measured every part of Marks cue. This is an exact replica of the cue he uses today. 3/4 Ash & Ebony hand spliced cue with high butt joint at 18 3/4" to help make the cue more forward weighted.

Mark plays with the chamfer facing downwards and looking down the forward facing chevrons. So just like Marks cue the forward facing darts on the ash are on the oposite side to the chamfer.
                      Fitted with Phoenix laminated tip & Mark J Williams name plate.
                      S.D end joint for use with extensions (sold separately) Supplied with Certificate of quality - endorsed by Mark Williams.

The specifications of this cue will be the same as Marks cue.
                      Length 57.75", Tip 9.7mm, Weight 18oz
                      Butt diameter 30.2mm, butt grip about 4.5" up measures 29mm
                      Balance point 17.5"
                      The taper along the rest of the shaft has been copied exactly.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                        Didn't Neil get his cue lengthen to 59. Do you know what it was before.
                        Not sure. I think I read on here that his JP was stolen. He now uses what I hear was his Dad's JP which was lengthened.

Comment

Oldgit
                          I'm not sure about that because Selby swapped his 3/4 cue for a 1pc from a friend.
                          He said this on a Eurosport interview during Malta cup few years back.
                          My deep screw shot
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I'm not sure about that because Selby swapped his 3/4 cue for a 1pc from a friend.
                            He said this on a Eurosport interview during Malta cup few years back.

Well the 1pc (Paul Roberts at Stamford) comment was mentioned by Mark at the 2011 Shanghai Masters on Eurosport.cheers
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i wonder if we will ever see any of the pro's using a TW or MW cues!!! now that would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X