Free Ball Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Ball Query

This is the situation: Only the pink and black remain. I attempt to pot the pink but go in off. My opponent points out that wherever he places the white in the D he can not see both sides of the pink and requests a free ball, to which I agree.

He nominates black as the free ball, attempts to pot it, misses, but in the process pots the pink.

Does this stand?

I know that when nominating a free ball for a red you can use the nominated ball to pot a red and that this fine, but is this the same situation?

The fact that it is a fluke shouldn't really come into it - he was hoping to pot the pink which I unfairly snookered him on and he was entitled to a free ball, so surely his pink should stand?

This was how we proceeded anyway because it seemed logical, but were we correct?

Thanks

As long as the cue ball hit the black 1st, then it is ok to pot the pink yes

Comment

If you have a free ball and elect to play another ball other than the ball on (eg black instead of pink in your case) then the ball on doesn't cease to be a ball on, and can, therefore, be legally potted, PROVIDED that the nominated ball (black in your case) is the first ball struck by the cue ball.

Comment

Working...
      X