Quick Question about chalk..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about chalk..

Hi, im needing to buy snooker chalk but im not to sure what to buy, ive seen green triangle chalk and black masters chalk but im unsure whats the best to buy.. thanks in advance for any help given

In my opinion.

Comment

Either the green triangle or green master chalk

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        So would black master chalk be any good ?

Comment

Originally Posted by DavidAnderson147 View Post
          Only if you're playing on a black baize! If you're playing on green baize then the chalk marks will show and maybe stain the cloth.

Comment

an ex-pool team mate of mine used black chalk for a time, he stopped using it after 1) the rest of us told him to because of all the marks on the cloth and the cue ball, and 2) he found it did not give a nice hit (subjective to him obviously) and he was constantly chalking to maintain coverage on the tip.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DavidAnderson147 View Post
              Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
              No my brother bought some and its horrible, makes a right mess of the table and the cueball.

Comment

I would say green triangle holds the best ( I've played with ) plus any other colour marks the table and balls had a guy play with red In the pool league he played 2 games and it looked awful wasn't happy as we look after our table .

Comment

Originally Posted by grey View Post
                  Only if you're playing on a black baize! If you're playing on green baize then the chalk marks will show and maybe stain the cloth.
                  I also find colored chalk leaves marks on the cue ball more as well, red triangle is something I've tried and my opponent was complaining about red marks on the cue ball putting him off! Depends if you have no morals and play dirty but if you're a gent like me play with spruce!
                  Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Green Triangle for me, used master chalk recently and found it 1- didnt last as long as my triangle chalk did and 2-was much more softer and didnt coat aswell if that makes sense :/
                    Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
                    KRO..

Comment

Green for me too, never use anything else.

Nice to see the Blues badge!! KRO

Comment

My friend just got a new table with black cloth and got some black chalk with it, even with black cloth he stopped using the black chalk within a couple of frames as it made such a mess of the cue ball, it was easier just to brush the green chalk from the table every session.

Comment

Saw that Ronnie was using green Master at the recent Welsh open. I do as well, Master chalk on an Elkmaster tip seems to work very well.

Comment

Blue nose Do you play snooker or pool? if so what league are you in if you play for a team?

Matthew
                            KRO
                            Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
                            KRO..

Comment

Green is the best. However, the Triangle chalk available here in india are made in china and it seems the quality has gone down.

Comment

Working...
                              X