Prize money for a 155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prize money for a 155

I know that it is extremely unlikely that a 155 will ever be made in a televised professional match, but I suppose you never know.
    If it did happen, would the prize money be the same as for a 147 or would it be more?
    'I'm nuts,' - Ronnie O'Sullivan

Yep it would be the same prize money. As it is the maximum that was available after the free ball was taken.

On the other hand if you had a break of 16 reds, 8 blacks and 7 pinks that would be 147 - but wouldn't get the 147 prize money.

Comment

yep unfortuanetly - the prize money would be the same - because a 147 is seen as the highest break possible

I belive it is becuase any break above a 147 does not require any more skill, it requires a bit of luck to get a free ball to begin with

Comment

well in reality, IT IS the highest break possible, it is just that the other is also a maximum possible after free ball situation.

Both should be equal prize money, to get 147 over you must pot atleast the same amount of balls on the trot.

Comment

16 reds, 8 blacks and 7 pinks that would be 147
          That equals 141. I guess you meant 16 reds 8 blacks and 8 pinks and all the colours which would then equal 147.
          I think in the World Championship a 147 (15 reds 15 blacks and all the colours) gets the maximum prize money. Anything above that just gets the highest break prize.
          You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
            I think in the World Championship a 147 (15 reds 15 blacks and all the colours) gets the maximum prize money. Anything above that just gets the highest break prize...
            ... unless anyone beats it, of course.

For the avoidance of doubt, a 155 would also get the prize money for a maximum.
            "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
            David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Some discussion on a related topic in this thread:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ead.php?t=9387
              "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
              David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Working...
              X