Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best season ever?

Yo,

This season, Ronnie collected 30500 ranking points, with two ranking finals apart from winning the coveted double. Does anyone have any information of how often this has been achieved? For starters, I doubt that score can be reached without winning both Uk and the Worlds, which would rule out most seasons apart from Williams 99/00 season and Hendrys doubles from the mid 90's. Davis made the double too, but since there were so few events back then, I doubt he could have mustered 30k points.

Anyone knows?

I think Hendry won like 5 tournaments in 1990'
    "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

Yo, yes great season!
      But is doable without winning those two events; just look at #2 in the ranking list and you can see that Maguire could have beaten that score without winning the UK (he was runner up though), and not doing all too well in the Grand Prix either.

Comment

Okay, scavenged around a little.

The best season I've found was one of Hendrys earliest. 89-90 he won UK and the Worlds, plus two other ranking events, the Dubai Classic and the Asian Open. He also won the Masters and the Scottish Masters, but none of them granted him any ranking points.

Comment

Working...
        X