Cue Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Maintenance

Apologies if a thread like this already exists. The end is ny for the tip on my cue. It's quite thin at the mo, and it makes some strange noises on a shot now and again. I love my cue, (probutt 2) and don't want to spoil it by putting the tip on myself. Let's face it, i'm no cuemaker. So to the point,

1) I like the thinish tips, i see guys in my club with tips resembling bullets and i cringe.. Can anyone recommend a good quality line of tips

2)(Long shot i know) does anyone know of a good cue maker (maintainer) in the south of Ireland. (for convienence only)

Or alternatively...

3) Can anyone provide good detailed instructions (pictures would be nice) in replacing a tip.

Thanks Guys

were in ireland are you ?
    If you go to Mike Wooldridge site it gives a step by step guide or ADR147 has a guide for sale on ebay.

Comment

Cool Cool, i'll check those out thanks.
      I'm in Cork

Comment

Dose Anthony O Connor still run a club in Cork city?. If your not sure bring it to your local club.

Comment

Go to John Parris's website. Full details on re-tipping your own cue on that. If your unsure best thing would be to take it to your local club as platt says where im sure someone there will help you.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Try this link from adr147 strech !
            hope it helps you...

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/rob/T...47TIPGUIDE.pdf
            Last edited by warren132; 4 November 2008, 04:01 PM.
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Where's the best internet site for purchasing the materials?

Comment

You should be able to get most bits from a DIY shop.
                If your using ADR147's guide maybe get your tips from him.
                He has an ebay shop or PM him.

Comment

The tight arse way. That's a good name for a How to Book..
                  I picked up tip glue from a sports outlet before to try on a cheap jimmy white replica i've had since i was 10.. and it would stick paper for ya. I feel like i'm fretting over something that's so easy to do????

Comment

i'm reading through a similar guide from ADR at the moment, the link is on this thread near the top. He certainly knows his stuff, and i have to say gives a fantastic insight into tips, so well done to ADR147 if he's reading this. I wreckon i'm going to just bite the bullet and give it a go.

Comment

Just take your time and have pride in what your doing, good luck.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stretch147 View Post
                        i'm reading through a similar guide from ADR at the moment, the link is on this thread near the top. He certainly knows his stuff, and i have to say gives a fantastic insight into tips, so well done to ADR147 if he's reading this. I wreckon i'm going to just bite the bullet and give it a go.
                        he is, its not that hard - e-mail me if you get stuck.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i appreciate it, i'll have to settle on a type of tip yet though..

Comment

first time buy a box of elks! - you will end up doing it a few times before you are happy with it.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Lovely! as i said i tried it a while back on a dummy cue. I obviously sanded above the ferrel too much as there was noticeable gaps between the tip and cue. As far as i can remeber i used a dopey glue too, it soaked into the tip and it didn't stick. it could be knocked off with a simple flick. i was totally put off!

Comment

Working...
                              X