Hardest cue tips for snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest cue tips for snooker

Hi everyone. Good day to all of you. I'm looking for the hard type of tip for a snooker cue. Although this question may been asked before, but I am looking for the latest info. I tried the pro granite and Talisman WB hard before but still find it quite soft. Any tip harder than these ? Thank you.

O'min tips. Very hard
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by GabrielOng View Post
      Hi everyone. Good day to all of you. I'm looking for the hard type of tip for a snooker cue. Although this question may been asked before, but I am looking for the latest info. I tried the pro granite and Talisman WB hard before but still find it quite soft. Any tip harder than these ? Thank you.
      Pro grant tips,, soft for snooker??? as far as I know, you're the first player to say that.!!! Anyway, try moori hard. usually used by pool players (American Pool). they are much harder than pro grant or Talisman.

Comment

Maybe you try one of the Kamui hard tips..... It's like having a piece of granite on the end of your cue!!
        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
          Maybe you try one of the Kamui hard tips..... It's like having a piece of granite on the end of your cue!!
          That's why I like them

Comment

Master black magic are very hard , nice tips aswell

Comment

What is the benefit of having a really hard tip?

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                What is the benefit of having a really hard tip?
                No benefits really i think its just personal preference , for me its just having that nice crisp solid feel on every shot .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  No benefits really i think its just personal preference , for me its just having that nice crisp solid feel on every shot .
                  Does it grip any better. Do you get less miss-cues?

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                    Does it grip any better. Do you get less miss-cues?
                    Dont think any laminated tip will grip as well a a pressed tip , i use dark green triange chalk and dont get any miss cus unless i hit the ball bad .

Comment

Dont think any laminated tip will grip as well a a pressed tip , i use dark green triange chalk and dont get any miss cus unless i hit the ball bad .
                      Thanks hotpot. I think I'll stick to my Elks for now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                        O'min tips. Very hard
                        The hardest tips I've ever seen.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Respectfully disagree. In theory, a harder tip will offer more throw akin to playing with a more "stiff" shaft. With soft tips, the tip "bends" and absorbs impact, and then releases the cue ball more slowly also. If you play with side, a softer tip will throw the cue ball "less" offline, while a harder tip will throw the cue ball "more" offline. One way to "fix" a "whippy" cue is to use a harder tip. Same with an overly stiff shaft, and softer tip. John Higgins uses a hard tip last time I heard commentators mention it (few years back).

More theory/discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx4r0NSsxqo
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72p2IGBV1N8
                          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Omin!
                            Loved them on my old stiff Phoenix cue but not so much on my new whippier John Parris to the point that I've ordered a couple of adr147 medium tips for it.
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Omin red, but if a talisman wb hard isn't hard enough for you then you may have damaged the fibres/layers when fitting and caused it to feel soft because of that

Comment

Working...
                              X