Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue storage.

hi,

just a quick question. when storing your cue in a case, isit ok to leave it leaning or against a wall?

i always thought this shouldnt be done as i always leave me cue flat on the ground in its case but i have heard otherwise.

anyone fill in my question?

thanks,
    nicholas

Im not sure but i keep my cues flat on the ground, just to be sure.

Comment

Never, ever lean your cue on or up against a wall! Not just because it'll warp (if it's done repeatedly, then over time it will) but because it can slip, or be bumped and fall. Hitting the ground is not good for a cue.

Personally, if I'm not finished playing, I put my cue on the table, and if I'm waiting between shots, I hold it, and if the game's over I put it in it's case. This way I avoid problems before they can happen.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

https://www.parriscues.com/home.html

Hey thai read the first bit mate.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
          https://www.parriscues.com/home.html

Hey thai read the first bit mate.
          Better to go to the cue maintenance section, thai.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
            Better to go to the cue maintenance section, thai.
            Thats what I thought I linked no?
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Thats what I thought I linked no?
              No, it's the home page, otherwise I'd not've said anything, Roy mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                No, it's the home page, otherwise I'd not've said anything, Roy mate.
                Oh right well cheers then. Out of interest Keith why does leaning it against a wall make it warped opposing to lying it flat?

Comment

lol. yeah i read that bit already. it just says if u dont play, then leave in a case and not lean the cue. doesnt say anything about not leaning the cue in the case.

i was having a debate with nam over it. i was saying to nam that he shouldnt lean it and that i always have my laying flat. then nam said it doesnt matter because the mould will protect the cue and something about the weight in the cue.

cant remember too much what he said but yeah.

so maybe nam should read it lol

roy. heard about your missed pink. HARD TIMES lol

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                    lol. yeah i read that bit already. it just says if u dont play, then leave in a case and not lean the cue. doesnt say anything about not leaning the cue in the case.

i was having a debate with nam over it. i was saying to nam that he shouldnt lean it and that i always have my laying flat. then nam said it doesnt matter because the mould will protect the cue and something about the weight in the cue.

cant remember too much what he said but yeah.

so maybe nam should read it lol

roy. heard about your missed pink. HARD TIMES lol

lol I dont want to talk about the missed pink

:d

Comment

lol I dont want to talk about the missed pink

:d

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                        Im going to copyright my signature Nicholas to stop ppl stealing it

Comment

If the cue is in the case and the case is closed i think nothing will happen to the cue if it is just for a couple of hours.

The case takes the weight and supports the cue all over its length.
                          If the case is not stable it will bend together with the cue.
                          I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Mine is a 3/4 length cue so it is broken down opposed to a 1 pc cue. I wonder if this makes any difference when leaning your cue against a wall at night as I have done for like ever. Maybe I should lay it flat?

Comment

I agree, when the cue is in a hard case, it has no where to bend as it is supported from butt to tip. I am sure the Parris maintanance guide is talking about when not in a hard case.

Comment

Working...
                              X