• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, since it was last replied to, the one i ordered came in
    and just this morning, i bought another cue to replace it lol
    i thought it was decent for the price, but was just a bit too heavy for me

Comment

Despite it being quite heavy, did you find anything else good or bad with it?

Also, what've you replaced it with mate?

Comment

well, i only started playing snooker around 3ish months ago, and the MYX cue was the 2nd cue i bought; my first being a cheap Neil Robertson replica cue. i'm no expert on cues, so i just bought whatever i thought was cheap (roughly 60gbp each) and fit well within my small budget

i found that both were too heavy for my liking and were hard to get used to, so i replaced it with an O'min perfect cue from another member on TSF which was everything i was looking for specs-wise.

sorry i couldnt be any more helpful ><

Comment

No worries mate, you've been plenty of help

I've tried looking for the O'min cues but can't really find much about them.

I'm not a snooker player, just pool (9-ball and 8-ball) and I'm not that good at pool either so I'm just looking for a decent cue to help me progress without spending too much.

Comment

hmm..
            you could always just start a new thread on the forum to ask for advice from other members and to see what your options are. there are quite a few people on the forum that'd point you in the right direction
            personally, i don't really know anything about cues since there aren't too many options available from where i live, unless i order them online, which seems like a bit of a gamble to me.

Comment

I've already got a thread about it So far I've been recommended two second-hand Mastercraft cues which both sound great. Will decide by the end of this week (hopefully) if I'm going to take either. I've sold a few things though so my funds avaliable for the cue has gone up

Comment

just buy british most likely to get good qualtiy cue

Comment

Do they have a website for selling Dark Horse MYX cue?

Comment

Yes, I bought one of the 60" monsters a couple of weeks ago. The case looks a lot better on the outside than the inside, but does the job.

As for the cue, well the splicing is uneven, have shaped the tip but am not sure that I'll stick with it. However, the cue is very playable.

I bought it because I've always felt that 58" cues are not big enough for me and wanted to try a longer one. Have always liked heavy cues with 9mm tips, and this one fits the bill. Have found that playing with the cue helps my cueing action, my bridge hand is a little further away from the white and my cue action is now more Mark Selby than Mark Williams (if that makes sense).

Am very happy with it - it's no collector's item, and I would have preferred an ash shaft that had more chevrons, but am very happy with mine and wouldn't sell it on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Akuma99 View Post
                      Do they have a website for selling Dark Horse MYX cue?
                      Got mine from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mllife/m.h...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

i know this is an old thread but these cues are one of the worst cheap cues i have ever seen and played with, i have seen woods, dunns, robin scott etc, anyway these are awfull, well off balance and the ebony and splices are painted on, i picked one up a few years ago for £40 including case and extensions, upon recieving it i noticed a scratch on the butt and noticed i could see the ash underneath it so i decided to scratch a bit mre and the splices and noticed pained on, i ended up giving it away to my brother, most other cheap cues i have seen are dyed rosewood so dont look too bad, these cues may look pretty but they are no better then a standard club cue, and the cases are awfully made as well

Comment

Forgive me for ressurrecting this thread, but....

I just got one of these 'Myx' cues off ebay.

Now, I've had various cues in the past from old EJ Rileys, a Mannock (which I just bought and sold without playing) and more recently, a JP Classic. I ordered this one purely on the basis that i'd wanted to try a maple shaft cue, and thought the case and extensions would be handy even if the cue was rubbish.

I had an issue when it arrived...

The listing said "Hand-spliced".

'Yeh right', I thought. The splicings were so obviously painted on, it was ridiculous, and the listing's photos didn't really show this (no surprise).

So I complained. The chap suggested I sanded the butt a little to see that there was real ebony underneath the "Wax paint", as he put it.

Anyway, after much thought, I did just that. Starting at the splices, I sanded with a 600 grit paper, and (To my lack of surprise), the tips of the splices just rubbed off... Until about 1/2" down, where another, slightly lighter splice appeared. So I did this on the whole shaft section.

Lo and behold, the splicing was actually pretty good, and looked - indeed - hand spliced.

A couple of coats of Raw linseed oil, and the hardwood butt has come up absolutely fine, although not the pitch black of it's original self.

Tried it out today and managed my highest break of 43 in a line-up

It's heavy, at around 20oz, a 9.5mm tip but seems to suit me perfectly!

For £60 from Hong Kong or wherever, it'll do for now

Comment

Take a pic then of your butt

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Take a pic then of your butt

Still a couple of little bits i'd need to pay more attention to, but it plays fine for me at the mo.

Comment

Looks ok that, makes you wonder why they paint over them ??

Comment

Working...
                                X