phoenix cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoenix cues

i'm looking at buying a phoenix cue. however there doesnt seem to be any with my exact specs. does anyone know if they cater for all specs or is it just whats on offer on their site?

Have you had a look at Craftsmans cues website ? they have some in, you may find one in there
    http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/Phoenix_Cues.html

Comment

Craftsman have loads with lots of spec well worth a visit

Comment

cheers ill have a look

Comment

ive seen the phoenix unity hand spliced cue on craftsman with specs that would suit me. has anyone any experience of this cue?

Comment

I have two phoenix cues one handspliced one machine spliced both purchased
            from Craftsman and they are top quality at a fraction of the price of these
            big name brands. I have never seen a cue company who offer such a wide
            choice of spec off the the shelf so to speak as Phoenix. If you find the correct
            spec which suits you best these cues play as good as any of the big name
            brands. Hope this helps!

Comment

I don't think anyone's told us where they are made? I assumed Thailand, does anyone know?
              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

In Philippines, i checked from delivery info.

Comment

The Phoenix cues are made in Thailand

Comment

The I was wrong, apologises.

Comment

Bought a machine spliced plain ebony Phoenix cue from Craftsman this week.
                      The cue was supposed to be as a b-day gift for a friend. Now i think about to keep it for myself.
                      The qualitiy is very very good. Joints, badge, ferrule, taper, balance, finish, shaft wood, ebony...everything is very well made.
                      If you are looking for a good playing cue with a "small" budget...this should be the right choice.
                      I am impressed!
                      mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

A big thanks for your kind comments on the Phoenix cues. Your are right they are in a class of their own.
                        So glad you like the cue.
                        Regards
                        Simon

Comment

Sorry for digging up this old thread (holy thread resurrection, Batman), but I just had to ask:

All this talk about machine vs. hand spliced: What exactly is the difference? Is the difference knowing that yours was tenderly made by hand and the other by machine, or is there something else playing a part? I take it they play the same?
                          Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

the term machine v hand is slightly misleading as we all know. some handspliced cues are made with machinery and machine spliced cues can be made by hand.the comman notion is splices that are planed on are termed handspliced, and splices that are interlocked are called machinespliced,the main reason (hand spliced) cue tend to play better is the continuation of the shaft through to the hand.thats why one piece cues also tend to play better ie no lumps of metal separating the timbers.

Comment

Are Phoenix cues lacquered or oil finished ?

Got to admit have been looking at getting one of these next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X