Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cue lead times - 4-5 months max - options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue lead times - 4-5 months max - options?

To save me contacting a lot of people.. does anyone know which makers would be able to produce a custom 1pce cue in 4-5 months max?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I imagine Andy Travis would be able to :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

how are you Mike, is the cue for you?

I presume these guys can

Jason Owen, wright cues, andy travis, mastercraft, matchplay cues, dunns cues,

Not sure about craftmans as their repair guy went off sick leaving them up the swanny, do you have any more info on this Mike?

Comment

Try Tony Glover, Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by kev267 View Post
          Try Tony Glover, Mike
          i wouldn't bother!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            i wouldn't bother!
            Why not? He quoted me inside that time frame for a Eureka replica.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Why not? He quoted me inside that time frame for a Eureka replica.
              really i thought current lead time was 8-9 months. but then its a couple of months since we chatted.

Comment

really i thought current lead time was 8-9 months. but then its a couple of months since we chatted.
                Evidence that it is always best to talk to a cue maker direct. ( Just sayin' )

Comment

My quote was literally a few weeks ago, would have went through with it only i snagged an original eureka off the bay, its with Tony now having work done to it, the seller sent it in one of those old metal tubes and it got banged around during the time it was with royal mail, ended up he had to cut the case open to get at the cue which has warped slightly. Hopefully he can work his magic and get it fighting fit again
                  Last edited by narl; 12 February 2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

My quote was literally a few weeks ago, would have went through with it only i snagged an original eureka off the bay, its with Tony now having work done to it, the seller sent it in one of those old metal tubes and it got banged around, ended up he had to cut the case open to get at the cue which has warped slightly. Hopefully he can work his magic and get it fighting fit again
                    Your sending it to Tony to fix?
                    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                      Your sending it to Tony to fix?
                      It was sent directly from the seller to Tony, ive had a couple go directly to Tony for a general clean up, first my olde ash, and now the Eureka.

Comment

O, ok, I'd heard that his repair skills aren't as good as his making skills, but if he's done your other cues well then there's no problem :snooker:

Comment

My quote was literally a few weeks ago, would have went through with it only i snagged an original eureka off the bay, its with Tony now having work done to it, the seller sent it in one of those old metal tubes and it got banged around during the time it was with royal mail, ended up he had to cut the case open to get at the cue which has warped slightly. Hopefully he can work his magic and get it fighting fit again
                          if my mannock is anything to go by it will be superb. it's one of the nicest cues i have ever seen! - photos in a minute!

Comment

How good are Tony's cues?

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                              O, ok, I'd heard that his repair skills aren't as good as his making skills, but if he's done your other cues well then there's no problem :snooker:
                              i sent him the shaft for this cue and i promise its so good i am amazed - B&W's never and i mean never made one this good.

Comment

Working...
                              X