X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant remember the details but I think I saw one with 3, looked strange
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• if you want one you have to ask they dont make them as a norm,did see a 3 splicer at craftsman in leeds

Comment

• ok mate are you still taking orders ? i might be interested in having a cue made mate

Comment

• this was a old fred davis champion machine spliced cue that i have reworked for a friend in scotland

Comment

• this was cue before mod

Comment

• Great work , Jim . Bet it was a pain setting those splices though. Pear shaft next ?

Comment

• Jim
                looking good mate really great job you've done on it, i really cant say enough good things about what type of guy you are.
                From start to finish you could'nt do enough to help, now i cant wait lol
                Cheers mate

Comment

• Well, so Jim was kind enough to make me a cue recently which I have been using for the last few days with considerable success and I must say warmest congratulations to you sir, it is a really fine piece of craftsmanship and a lovely finish to it. the only fault I could name would be that it really is poker stiff, maybe the stiffest cue I have ever seen!, but since it was me who selected and sent you the shaft that would be my fault! 58.25" log 14.5oz 9.5mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Light cue!
                    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• That is a light cue, another cracker though!
                      I can't sing Jim's praises enough, the cue he made me is the best cue i have ever played with, nicely balanced silky smooth and a nice slim taper. My old cue is a North West, i say is because i can't bear to part with it despite my wife's constant nagging that i'm not even using it!
                      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• yep, a lovely cue that ADR, very reminiscent of another that comes to mind
                        14.5oz - would that be its natural weight (i.e. no additional weight)?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          yep, a lovely cue that ADR, very reminiscent of another that comes to mind
                          14.5oz - would that be its natural weight (i.e. no additional weight)?
                          yes that's my sort of thing - i like older cues and lighter cues!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• couple more on with ,left one nearly done,the right one removed hubug and respliced

Comment

• What a cracker , Jim , the one on the right almost looks like an " eye " , just above the veneers, very quirky , definite one off. Plenty of chevrons as well , looks a good un , keep it up mate.
                              Last edited by old school; 3 June 2013, 03:24 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

• ongoing a 22 ins full amboyna burr butted ,

Comment

Working...
                                X