Anyone play with a OMIN CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play with a OMIN CUE

Does anyone out there play with a OMIN CUE ? I purchased a beauty from Andrew Gibbs, the finish and chevrons are 10/10 it is without doubt the best cue I have ever owned ! would be interested in feedback from other OMIN owners.

A LOT of people play with O'min in the East (Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand) etc.

Just that it isn't commonly the preferred choice for you UK since there is an abundance of choices around.

Nothing to complain. O'min is up there if not the best of the lot in the east.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
      Does anyone out there play with a OMIN CUE ? I purchased a beauty from Andrew Gibbs, the finish and chevrons are 10/10 it is without doubt the best cue I have ever owned ! would be interested in feedback from other OMIN owners.
      Great cues and Andy is selling them at a very fair price. The 10mm tip was a bit large for me unfortunately.

Someone posted a picture of their Omin cue on here a few weeks ago with a gorgeous stripey maccasar ebony butt. Gave me a hard on but cant find it anywhere now. Really nice cue.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

A lad in the club I used to go to used an O'min Perfect cue. Never played with it but it certainly looked the part. Very nice dark grain and a clean looking shaft. Nice cues from what I've seen.

Comment

Damn, maybe i should start selling them here......

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
            Damn, maybe i should start selling them here......
            they are actually pretty expensive at trade once you pay all the taxes etc. great quality cues though.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I too bought an Omin from Andy having owned a cheap ebay job which i loved but the joint broke, i then bought a nice craftsman but the butt was to thick and the shaft was a bit different from my first cue so i didnt get along with it, and after hounding Andy with questions(which he was good enough and patient enough to answer) i bought one, my thoughts for what they are worth are these, for me i have found a cue for life, i love it, the shaft,( stiff,) the butt thickness(i would guess its on the slim side which seems to stop my grip tightening)the tip at 10 mill is great for me, and the finish is lovely, as has been said dark grain standing out from a natural wood finish. From picking it up, straight off i was hitting 60s and 70s in practice and have hit a few 40s in games.Now for the down side, i dont like the omin tips, to hard for me, saying that everytime i think i will take it off i hit a decent break and it gets a reprieve lol,also now when i hit a dip in form i cant blame my cue which is not good at all. I have also had some very nice comments from other players in the club about how nicely the cue has been made(and lets be honest they know far more than me) would i have another?, in a heartbeat, infact i got Andy to send me the official stats of the cue in case i need a replacement at some point, hope this helps anyone thinking of getting one.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Im on the lookout for a new cue at the moment, does anyone know the best place/person to speak to about getting an Omin custom made?

Comment

i play with a 3/4 O'min classic. can't fault it in any way, great value as well.

Comment

(itsnot easy) The Omin Red Tips are rock hard I was going to change it but like you I started making some pretty good breaks and thought I would leave it alone (If it aint broke dont fix it) it screws back well and although it needs a little exra chalk it works fine.

Comment

Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post
                      Im on the lookout for a new cue at the moment, does anyone know the best place/person to speak to about getting an Omin custom made?
                      JH Leong at originalomin . com acts as an agent for them and communicates very well. I beleive he makes trips to O'min's workshop from time to time to select shafts for the cues that he orders, and he orders in batches at a time. It was about 4 years ago when I was in touch with him but he's probably still worth a try.
                      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Mines an O'min Professional recently purchased from Andrew,im a poor player,but it feels nice,looks good,and plays well,so im very happy with mine.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                          JH Leong at originalomin . com acts as an agent for them and communicates very well. I beleive he makes trips to O'min's workshop from time to time to select shafts for the cues that he orders, and he orders in batches at a time. It was about 4 years ago when I was in touch with him but he's probably still worth a try.
                          Ok cheers for the info, I was kind of hoping one of the cue dealers here might be able to help. But I will fire off an email and see what happens.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                            Its very confusing. Isnt the Originalomin website the chinese version? I did notice it was selling the same cue models as the Thai website. If the originalomin is the main Chinese agent selling the Thai cues whats the address of the Chinese Omin website (the one that apparently makes good cues but not as good as the Thai?)
                            The plot bloody thickens
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                              (itsnot easy) The Omin Red Tips are rock hard I was going to change it but like you I started making some pretty good breaks and thought I would leave it alone (If it aint broke dont fix it) it screws back well and although it needs a little exra chalk it works fine.
                              Couldnt agree more Denja, I have just ordered some elkmasters so the temptation will be even greater, the only downside with the omin tips i have found(if you can get your head round the hard thud feel)is when very very tight on the cush you have to hit slightly down on the cue ball to stop the risk of "tip roll over"( which is a term i have just invented) i feel you can play with your cue much more level with an elkmaster on.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X