Cue length - advice please ~~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This question comes up a lot you have to ask yourself this question

1. Are you going to use your TW only and not looking to sell it? if you are not having the buying/selling trader mentality then by all means cut it!

Depending on what is your mentality, there has been many school of thought and depends on how strictly you want to adhere to it. i.e

1. Distance from bridge to cue...XXX inches. Nic barrow teaches one hand distance, Terry Griffiths another, old skool WPBSA etc
    2. How vertical your cue arm is at address (within personal comfort)
    3. Arm length (Wing span)

I mean a lot plays a part but not all should be taken as the ultimatum. For us in Singapore and Malaysia, especially Asian stock cues produced are at standard 57 inches, that's where people have the mindset of "57" in the standard.

Im 171cm and I can use a cue from 54 - 56 inches but 54 is really pushing it as a lot of shots I tend to feel a little stretched!

Why not consider trading your TW for a 56 inch cues? I have a few if you want!

Comment

kodebau:

There are a lot of things that come into ideal cue length for a specific player. Arm length, how bent the bridge arm is, how much cue between the back of the cueball and the 'V' of the bridge at address, what the player feels comfortable with as far as keeping the grip forearm vertical.

I would agree with the suggestion to use the TW cue and initially place a bit of electrician's tape or other type at your ideal spot when you have about 11" out over the 'V' at address. No need to shorten the TW cue as that will change the shaft flex unless it's done by a real expert and the shaft is re-tapered to match the new length (the cue becomes more stiff when shortened).

If you feel you must shorten the cue then I would recommend you send it back to Trevor as he will know exactly what to do to keep the same shaft flex with the shorter length and he will do a really great job.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

My advice, wait a year, you might change you mind again.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi! Thanks for all the advice ~~~~~~~

I'm now putting a tape on the ideal spot at the butt so that I know where to hold....
          Hopefully will get use to it soon ~~~~

CHEERS ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
            There is one in Muar..... expert & also good player.

He is not a cue maker, cause he doesn't make cue to sell.
            But he knows how make a cue just that he don't have those great woods to make a great cue......
            He is actually just a cue doctor ~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Muar cue doctor~is it expensive to let him amend a cue?

Comment

Do you really want some guy to alter your TW cue? What if the person messes it up? But sending it back to Trevor for alterations has its own difficulties.

Personally, I'd just sell it if I really can't get on with it. Stick it on the sales page, it might still fetch a good price... then order another one...
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by involver View Post
                Muar cue doctor~is it expensive to let him amend a cue?
                Depends on what you do......
                Earlier I had a Dunns cue, shorten & slimming down below seratus.
                Harga kawan kawan.... walk in guest should a bit mahal ~~~~

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                  Do you really want some guy to alter your TW cue? What if the person messes it up? But sending it back to Trevor for alterations has its own difficulties.

Personally, I'd just sell it if I really can't get on with it. Stick it on the sales page, it might still fetch a good price... then order another one...
                  There is a cue doctor in Muar, Johor who is quite good ~~~~~
                  Sell it & order another ?! TW is no even respond to emails, even if he takes order.... another 1x months waiting ?!?!?!

Comment

Depends on what you do......
                    Earlier I had a Dunns cue, shorten & slimming down below seratus.
                    Harga kawan kawan.... walk in guest should a bit mahal ~~~~
                    I see...How was his work? Ada cantik ker~?

Comment

Originally Posted by involver View Post
                      I see...How was his work? Ada cantik ker~?
                      Cantik ~~~~~

Comment

Cantik ~~~~~
                        Mind to give me his Phone number or address ker~?

Comment

Cantik ~~~~~
                          Mind to give me his Phone number or address ker~?

Comment

Working...
                          X