No announcement yet.

Cue Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be too hasty, what did you think when you first saw the cue and how does it feel and play? Are you an advanced player?

It doesn't matter if it is a $1500 hand spliced cue with an ultimate shaft and a $20 laminated tip or whether it is straight ash club cue with a painted butt and a 50 cent elkmaster tip- they all play the same, ie, they do what your arm makes them do - more expensive cues and tips do not play better shots, they really don't. Practice and ability makes you play better.

I understand everyone is different and the game has a mental sid and people feel better with different gear and feel like they can play better if they have 'the right' gear, but it is all in the mind - there is no substitute for being able to play the game and that means practice and ability.

Would you rather be the guy in the hall with the best gear who everyone wants to play or the guy in the hall with the standard gear that nobody wants to draw out in the next competition? Nothing wrong with wanting the best or wanting to be seen with the most expensive things of course, but they do not make you play better.

Comment

TSF member " sanman " was in S.Africa if I remember correctly . An engineer who was experimenting with making his own cues and low deflection experiments.Why not PM and ask him if he is still working on cues.

Comment

Good Morning,

I had one,brilliant condition. I personally know Etiene who makes arataki cues and spoke to him yesterday, my spec is Ash shaft , butt splice african Mopani, red / light yellow veneer.

I will get it next week.

My price ZAR - 750ish

GBP 42.50

Just me, I would love an import cue, top stuff, but the exchange rate is so crap, it is a killer.

Comment

Thank You,

You are correct, I like the cue very much, and will play with it.

I have ordered a custom cue from Arataki, will be OK.

I am not an advanced player and actually starting up playing again, used to play junior league, but that was 20 years ago.

I had an awesome cue back then, this is the problem, I want that style cue again,

I love good craftsmanship.

Comment

hi Henry,

which province in south Africa do you reside in?

Comment

Gauteng, Johannesburg crime capital itself.

Comment

pm me your details I am in JHB myself. maybe I can intro you to some players and our league is starting soon perhaps you could join?

Comment

Originally Posted by fakhrie147 View Post
                  pm me your details I am in JHB myself. maybe I can intro you to some players and our league is starting soon perhaps you could join?
                  you need over 10 posts for PM (and other functions)
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    you need over 10 posts for PM (and other functions)
                    LOL really? okay then thanks for the heads up! at least now I know.

Strada, Kindly email me: fakhrieg@gmail.com

Comment

I have signed a membership this month at a club, but would be nice to meet up.

Comment

which club?

Comment

matchroom, in Benoni

Comment

Ronald, Clive, Bradley .... good guys and very good club.

when ever you there please pass my regards.

Comment

I am getting my new cue tomorrow, Will post pics of it over the weekend. I exchanged the Mark Selby for something else as a spare, and purchased a handmade cue as well.

Comment

lovely man that's great, I love the matchroom their tables are lovely, in fact I won a few tournaments there as well.

I play at wanderers though.

Comment

Working...
                                X