Ebay & Trevor White Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay & Trevor White Cues

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the amount of trevors cues the are going through ebay at the moment. All sellers are boasting the these cues are the business yet they are going back to using other makers cues or there old cues ?? I myself spoke to trevor about getting a cue made, and will be going ahead with it in the next few weeks, but is this not bad for trevor cues that so many are going up for sale at roughly the purchase price??????

lots of people just cant help buying and sellingcues i know of a few mates who do the same they just cant settle with 1 cue and as for them going for roughly the purchase price this says just how good tw cues are if you can buy it new say for £300 and sell it on for almost the same price he must be doing something right . also i have never seen one fail to sell.

Comment

its the same for parris and wooldridge - a good cue in good order from a respected maker will hold its value
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sometimes you wonder if the cues on Ebay, when discribed as amazing and the best in the history of the planet, why are these people actually selling them if they are so good. I know through reading threads on this forum, that Trevor White cues are some of the best in the world.

Comment

some people own a number of cues!

Comment

I hope that i did not start something bad, But for a player looking to get a cue made for me is not great advertising. I'm still getting mine made by trevor.

Comment

i sold my cue on ebay a couple of weeks ago a parris ultimate it was a very nice cue faultless in every way ebony was as black as black can get. the splicing was perfect and the maple shaft was flawless . waited 9 months when it came i couldnt get used to it so i sold it all my mates said i was mad to sell such a cue .my point is it doesnt matter how nice the cue is if you dont like you dont like it no matter how well made it is.

Comment

The second hand value of Trevor White cues reflects the respect people have for them now.

Over the years he has built up a reputation for quality and good customer service.

Maybe people with a number of cues has seen this value of late and decided to sell spare cues.

I Don't see it has anything to worry about,

Comment

I think the main reason so many expensive cues are on Ebay is because many people buy cues in the hope that they will improve their game by 14/21 points for example but when they get their new cue they are disappointed to find that its not the cue that makes them better, its down to pure ability.

Unless you are a good player looking to replace a cue, buying a Wooldridge, Parris or White cue is not going to make you a better player, it just makes you a C*** with an expensive cue.

Also, as I have always advocated, I cannot understand why people buy a cue without trying it first. Cues all play differently, even if the measurements are the same so why anyone would expect to be able to play well with a cue when they've never used it is beyond me.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    it just makes you a C*** with an expensive cue.
                    lol. harsh, but made me laugh...
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

he must have met me mike!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Also, as I have always advocated, I cannot understand why people buy a cue without trying it first. Cues all play differently, even if the measurements are the same so why anyone would expect to be able to play well with a cue when they've never used it is beyond me.
                        That's exactly the point, and the reason why so many excellent cues come onto the market when they're still relatively new.

If you order a bespoke cue made, you cannot try it out beforehand. The same goes for cues bought online. Even if someone has a reasonable idea of what spec is best suited to their needs, it's only once the cue's been bought and paid for that the buyer gets the chance to try it. It's also only then, of course, that people may realise it doesn't "feel" quite right for them, even though on paper and in terms of build quality it might be faultless.

Comment

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by cueman
                          it just makes you a C*** with an expensive cue.
                          mikewooldridge;287987
                          lol. harsh, but made me laugh...

I liked that comment too, good comedy value. Sounds like a line striaght from Al Murray, The pub landlord.
                          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Well after all that i'm still going to order mine next week and be the C##t with the good cue in the club .

Comment

Originally Posted by platt View Post
                              Well after all that i'm still going to order mine next week and be the C##t with the good cue in the club .
                              happy days...
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X