No announcement yet.

another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the advice. I'm getting the hang of it now.

Comment

Originally Posted by ariososi
      Thank you all. Feels like home here Hope to turn red very soon
      Hi, Arioso (I like operas, that's why I neglect the "si"). Wish you good luck with turning red. It is not too hard. I know what I am talking about..
      Men play the game, women know the score

Comment

Originally Posted by Sunflower
        Hi, Arioso (I like operas, that's why I neglect the "si"). Wish you good luck with turning red. It is not too hard. I know what I am talking about..
        Hi Sunflower, in operas it is very dangerous to neglect the si (usually)

P.S. I like operas too. and singing
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness
          Hi Sunflower, in operas it is very dangerous to neglect the si (usually)

P.S. I like operas too. and singing
          As I know from another thread you are a member of a choir. Your country has a long tradition regarding choirs, doesn't it?
          My voice sounds like a rusty watering can.
          I don't think that a missed "si" on stage is too dangerous. We don't understand their singing anyway. When the fat lady sinks into the arms of the tenor, it had been "si". When she is kidnapped by the baritone, it had been "no".
          I live in Halle, where Händel was born. A long tradition of festivals.
          Arioso, forgive this off-topic topic, please .

Comment

As I know from another thread you are a member of a choir. Your country has a long tradition regarding choirs, doesn't it?
            My voice sounds like a rusty watering can.
            I don't think that a missed "si" on stage is too dangerous. We don't understand their singing anyway. When the fat lady sinks into the arms of the tenor, it had been "si". When she is kidnapped by the baritone, it had been "no".
            I live in Halle, where Händel was born. A long tradition of festivals.
            yes, the choir singing is very popular here, and the big festivals are held here for some 130 years now...

I rather thought of the notes they sing - would be pity if tenors or sopranos can't hit that si in the beautiful arias and arioso
            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

yes, the choir singing is very popular here, and the big festivals are held here for some 130 years now...

I rather thought of the notes they sing - would be pity if tenors or sopranos can't hit that si in the beautiful arias and arioso
              I agree. Okay, would be pity. Sometimes, in one opera production or the other, there are lots of "pities" .
              Last Sunday I had a date with Lucia di Lammermoor. Wunderful music.

Comment

You are very much forgiven. For me this is always an 'on-topic topic' . I like singing (active & listening) very much too. However I don't like opera's, unless they are very old; I'm a fan of early music (mediaeval/renaissance; and - ofcourse - Bach)

Comment

You are very much forgiven. For me this is always an 'on-topic topic' . I like singing (active & listening) very much too. However I don't like opera's, unless they are very old; I'm a fan of early music (mediaeval/renaissance; and - ofcourse - Bach)
                  Great. I live in Halle, where Händel was born, near Leipzig, where Bach is the local hero. Every year we have a Händelfestival, with at least one new production of one of his operas. I have visited the festival since 1956. Can you imagine, how many of his operas I know? .

Comment

i didn't know he wrote 50 opera's I am more familiar with his symphonies (very enjoyable easy listening) and ofcourse his string-quartets.

Comment

i didn't know he wrote 50 opera's I am more familiar with his symphonies (very enjoyable easy listening) and ofcourse his string-quartets.
                      Maybe, even better than his about 50 operas (believe it or not) and symphonies and things are his oratorios. The Halleluja ( Messiah) is the hymn
                      of my town. We love it. .

Comment

By the way, have you been to the chatroom.? I have just come from there. It is nice and friendly there.
                        Should you like Ronnie : Have you visited his new website? There is an absolutely fantastic article by Kevin, who wrote it for an American Pool-Magazin

Comment

I have been to the chatroom a few days ago, but it was completely empty then (or I did something wrong... ). About Ronnie: well, I like his snooker abilties, very much. I haven't been to his new website, do you have the internetadress?
                          By the way, do you know what 'reputation' is. Mine is '0' But it appears I currently have 10 reputation points. How did I get those?

Comment

hi ariososi,

the chatroom usually is busy in the evenings. So you are welcome to join!

You are given 10 points by default when you joined the forum. The reputation is given to you by other members who read your posts and can then say their approval or disapproval of them.

oh, and Ronnie's website is www.ronnieosullivan.biz !
                            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

You are given 10 points by default when you joined the forum. The reputation is given to you by other members who read your posts and can then say their approval or disapproval of them.
                              Oh dear. So no one has approved of me yet then?
                              And my posts are sooooo wise and witty

Comment

So April did the job for me. Thanks, April.
                                She is much more experienced in the world of the net than I am. She knows about any video which has ever been recorded. According to the respective topics she then gives us the links. And she is not the only one here who does it.

Ronnie's website was started about a week ago . So it is still in progress. His fans had been waiting for it for ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X