Any Shops with Wooldrige/Parris Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Shops with Wooldrige/Parris Cues

Does anyone know any cue shops that you can view wooldrige/parris cues in the Yorkshire area.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Hi

I'm in a similar situation! I would like to buy a Parris or Wooldridge cue and I live in Sheffield. I read on this forum that Wooldridge has sold some of his cues to Martin Chesworth in the past, who is on Abbeydale Road in Sheffield:

http://home.btconnect.com/chesworthcues/index.html

No idea if he still has them in stock, but I may be going there on Saturday so I can report back if he has any.

Donny.

Comment

Cheers Donny,

I would appreciate that.

Highest break 69

Comment

martin will have some in stock.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by djyates View Post
          Hi

I'm in a similar situation! I would like to buy a Parris or Wooldridge cue and I live in Sheffield. I read on this forum that Wooldridge has sold some of his cues to Martin Chesworth in the past, who is on Abbeydale Road in Sheffield:

No idea if he still has them in stock, but I may be going there on Saturday so I can report back if he has any.

Donny.
          He has at least one ! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIKE-WOOLDRIDG...item335648acc2
          and it says many more in stock

Comment

Hi

Donny.
            On you way over to Sheffield on Sat. come to my club, The N. E. Derbyshire Snooker Centre at Clay Cross, Chesterfield, S45 9AG. I have a boatload of top quality Hand-spliced cues, many butt jointed, air-lock joints (3/4 and butt-jointed) and quick-release joints, tele-scopic extensions, tele-scopic mini-butts, cases etc and they're less than half the price the MC will charge you and at least of equal quality...

The cue shown below is a top quality Cue Craft Monarch with Ebony and Ash, 3/4 Quick release joint, four point hand-splicing, red veneer, heat treated, silk-line finish for super smooth cueing and I have this on offer at £170!!!

I also have available Sherwood, Baron and Phoenix all hand spliced.

Hope this helps..Dave, Snookerpoolman, email cueist@genie.co.uk:snooker:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by snookerpoolman; 24 February 2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Martin Chess should have some wooldridge cues in stock.
              He also sells craftsman made cues in the shop, very good seller graet selection.

Comment

Hi all

I went to Chesworth cues on Saturday. Martin was very helpful, but I found his advice a bit hard to swallow at times...

He only has 3 MW 1 piece custom cues in stock priced around £350-450. However, he didn't have a good word to say about MW cues (or MW for that matter!). He tried very hard to sell me a Mastercue (which were very nice), and kept giving me the MW one back saying "now see how much worse that is". To be honest, I think the MW was the nicest cue I played with.

It felt like he didn't like MW cues for reasons other than their quality. But I might be wrong. He did tell me that he has had a lot of MW cues back in for repair.

That aside, Martin was very helpful and he let me play with a lot of cues on his 9 foot table and gave me plenty of good general advice. I don't think he has put me off getting a Wooldridge, and even if I do get a Mastercue, I wouldn't get it from him as they were around £60 more expensive than Green Baize. I will probably get my case from him though as they seemed pretty reasonable.

Donny.

Comment

I had a similar experience with Martin. Very helpful but not very complimentary about MW for some reason. Recommended to me a Craftsman cue with his own badge on it. Was a bit more expensive than Craftsman so couldn't see the point in buying it. I think I saw another post somewhere that said Martins cue were a bit pricey. I suppose if you see a cue you like and it feels good then paying a bit extra would not be a problem. Not for me anyway.

Comment

I think I'd be happy to pay a little extra to buy the cue there and then, and for the advice / use of table etc. etc. But the difference is £139 in Green Baize versus £195 in Chesworth cues. That's a 40% increase over Green Baize. I'd be willing to pay 10% extra I think.

He clearly knows his stuff, but the slightly over-the-top tirade against MW made me suspicious. I mean, the views expressed on this forum (and others) is overwhelming positive about MW. Is everyone on here wrong?

Donny.

Comment

Martins cues are definitely more expensive than other places.
                      Last time I was in The Snooker Shop in manchester
                      http://www.snookershop.com/index.htm
                      They had a couple of MW in and they say on the site they have Parris.
                      Craftsman are worth a vist always got different stuff in.

Comment

.... But the difference is £139 in Green Baize versus £195 in Chesworth cues. That's a 40% increase over Green Baize. I'd be willing to pay 10% extra I think.....
                        Thats probably why then he's pushing the Master Cue rather than the MW, he can make more of a profit. Wonder what Mike will have to say about Martin's comments on his cues

Comment

Hi all

I went to Chesworth cues on Saturday. Martin was very helpful, but I found his advice a bit hard to swallow at times...

He only has 3 MW 1 piece custom cues in stock priced around £350-450. However, he didn't have a good word to say about MW cues (or MW for that matter!). He tried very hard to sell me a Mastercue (which were very nice), and kept giving me the MW one back saying "now see how much worse that is". To be honest, I think the MW was the nicest cue I played with.

It felt like he didn't like MW cues for reasons other than their quality. But I might be wrong. He did tell me that he has had a lot of MW cues back in for repair.

That aside, Martin was very helpful and he let me play with a lot of cues on his 9 foot table and gave me plenty of good general advice. I don't think he has put me off getting a Wooldridge, and even if I do get a Mastercue, I wouldn't get it from him as they were around £60 more expensive than Green Baize. I will probably get my case from him though as they seemed pretty reasonable.

Donny.

Thankyou for your feedback. Very helpful.

I went down to Martin's place myself in the end. Reading you article I felt De ja vue. I had a very similar experience. Like you he did not put me off the MW cues either. Reading all the positive reviews here on MW cues are worth much more than one visit to a shop.

Having said that the one MW cue I saw I was not that impressed with. More aesthetics than playability.

Highest break 69

Comment

i visited chesworth cues last year he tried to charge me £240 for a 1 piece master cue a superb model. i when up to buy a 1 piece maple wooldridge cue he had for sale and i got the impression from what he said to me that he didnt like mike to much. not his cues he pretty much said there as good as it gets more mike himself not going to say what he said but there was 4 of us in the shop and we all heard what he said. but then again i didnt like martin to much he comes across as one of those guys who just want your cash and then you can sod off.some might i found him to be a nice guy just the impression i got. if your after a good cue try stu green at greenbazie his gbl champion cues are just about as good as anything out there and they are very reasonable priced and he as a very large stock of leather cases plus he's a very nice bloke who will not try to rip you off.

Comment

I don't quite understand what Chesworth would get from putting down MW cues. After all he is selling them at the end of the day and obviously if he has a few in the £400+ bracket then why would he put you off in favour of a cheaper cue! Just sounds like he has his own opinion and fair enough he gave it. I'd much rather someone give me an honest opinion rather than point me in the direction of the most expensive range just to make himself extra profit. I know he overcharges compared to some but then that's his choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X