No announcement yet.

Dent in my mates cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor does your also have Different Nozzles......As I find that Great Hits Exact Sport of where the Dent is.

As with kettle etc you are Steaming the Cue where it doesn't Really Need it!!

Comment

I have some little dents after ball hits on shaft. Will iron and towel be good for this?
      Waiting for Trevor White cue. Only 6 months

Comment

Not sure about the kettle and steam, Your then heating up a whole area of the shaft which is a bit of overkill and youd have to be carefull that you dont end up bending the cue as once the whole area of a shaft is hot it will bend very easily.

Ive removed shallow dents with a droplet of hot water dropped into the dent. It lifts the grain, youll need to sand it back smooth again and refinish.

Not sure any of this will work with a sharp edged dent tho.
        http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Would these ideas work on the butt of a cue? :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Dont understand how this could work
            the wood will absorb the steam and make it expand there fore pushing the dent out now you have the complete opposite of a dent and get your friend sand paper out :P
            My muscles will take me far, but my mind will take me further!

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
              Would these ideas work on the butt of a cue? :snooker:
              Probably not on ebony, really depends on the finish, the wood and so on. Personally, will not recommend trying it yourself on the butt.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Ok, many thanks :snooker: saved my cue
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  Probably not on ebony, really depends on the finish, the wood and so on. Personally, will not recommend trying it yourself on the butt.
                  I've got a couple of small dents in the butt of my cue. If you don't mind me asking, what would be the best way of getting these out Airin? (you can pm me if you'd rather not publish your methods).
                  If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                    I've got a couple of small dents in the butt of my cue. If you don't mind me asking, what would be the best way of getting these out Airin? (you can pm me if you'd rather not publish your methods).
                    Send it to Mike. ;D
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

lol. They are only small dents, so wanted to do it myself as a bit of practice.

Besides, after Mike fixed the joint for me a few months ago, the 3rd time of using the cue, I dropped the butt when getting it out of the case, and it hit some heating pipe with a weird contraption on, and put a dent in the joint as well. I think he'd kill me if he found out!
                      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
                      X