Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another o'Sullivan Ultimate doing the rounds

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOHN-PARRI...item3f13a80b99

Could be legit, didn't oldgit say a while back that John Parris had made a few of these to O'Sullivans spec so he could pick which he liked the most? (with oldgit buying one iirc).

For some reason i see the resident ultimate collector buying this and putting it into orbit with his pricing.
    Last edited by narl; 11 February 2012, 08:44 PM.

Lets just say there is a Couple of Facts in the Link Above which isnt Correct thats all I can Say!

Comment

Why is that Gareth ........seems plausible . Robert Osborne made a few cues for Ronnie . He got him to sign a certificate for them and then sold them apart from the one that Ronnie used for a season .

At least this looks more genuine than our usual ebay seller and at a realistic price .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Seems legit to me..

It is known fact and a few folks have ended up with spare cues that were made for ron.. someone here have had one in past (could be that one) (not oldgits one either, different one)

John makes ron a few cues, ron chooses one and sends rest back and JP moves them on....simples.

Nowt wrong with this ad imo and seems easy enough to verify with the details he gives in ad.

I'd say it is what it says on the tin...

Comment

Neil take it from me m8 I have nothing to lie about! and anybody who knows Ronnie and his Cue Specs will Know This!

Look at the Shaft Carefully do you think John would give that to Ronnie!!

All that cue is worth if Traditional is £250-£350 Max but as its Got a ULTIMATE BADGE on you will be Lucky to get it for £550-£650! But people are jumping on the Band Wagon Saying this Cue was Tom,Dick,Harry etc Unless it was Ronnies Cue he has Used for many years and won alot with it Sorry its Worth Nothing and too say he Tried it and didnt want to use it Says it All!!.....Wasnt Good Enough for Him!

Having Cues Made for Ronnie, Judd, Mark Williams, Dom Dale which I have had doesnt make them Worth a Fortune thats where people are going Wrong! If Ronnie,Judd,Williams gives there Cue away after Winnning World Championship then yes keep it as a Collectors Item but to Think its Worth a Fortune because John Made this for Ronnie is a Joke! Do you Seriously Think John just Makes one for Ronnie as I know Different and John will tell you himself.

Also you can Buy Ronnie, Judd, Mark Williams Cue for £10,000 doesnt mean its Right for You and you will be able to play with it as every Cue has a different feel stiffness etc and People get carried away with Names.

( THIS IS ALSO WHAT I WANTED TO PUT ACROSS CHECK SELLER FEEDBACK WHICH I ALWAYS DO! 2 TRADITIONAL CUES SOLD ALREADY! STRANGE!! )

Gaz.
          Last edited by gazza147; 11 February 2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Not saying that you are lying Gareth ......just looks rather more believable than the usual stories . Maybe the guy has not measured it as accurately as we would do ?

Comment

Gaz, it says his son is in the army? did you read the ad?

And an ultimate worth 250 - 350 quid,, you don't half speak some shat at times aye...lol

Comment

Yeah show me where you can get Ultimates for £250 please i'll take 3

Comment

Cally I do appologise what I meant was that Cue as Normal Traditional is Worth £250-£350 sorry I didnt put this in my reply I will edit it now.

Cue with Ultimate Badge on at £550 isnt a Bad price which I think will go up anyway but what I was trying to get across was this Cue isnt Worth £2500-£10,000 as you know a Person on here thinks they are Especially if they Say Ronnie Cue - FEDIA/PLONKER or what ever other Usernames he has.

And what I said above bar the £250-£350 is Correct!

Sorry my Mistake Cue is Worth more than £250-£350 as its a Ultimate!

( THIS IS ALSO WHAT I WANTED TO PUT ACROSS CHECK SELLER FEEDBACK WHICH I ALWAYS DO! 2 TRADITIONAL CUES SOLD ALREADY! STRANGE!! )
                  Last edited by gazza147; 11 February 2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Jrc I said it was My Fault not making it Clearer in my Reply im Sorry and Appologise again.

I would also Buy any Ultimate "without" any Connection to Ronnie,Judd,Williams, Tom dick or Harry for £250-£350...lol...But as you know its not gonna Happen.

Last edited by gazza147; 11 February 2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

A rather humble reply gaz, i'm shocked and pleasantly surprised by that...lol...

No probs fella... but i'd say this is genuine fella, just can't see owt dodgy bout it.

Comment

Well i did wonder if you thought it was just a Traditional lol, but as you know that magic word "Ultimate" adds on a few hundred quid, warranted or not

Comment

JP Traditional on ebay at the moment Gareth ......you were looking for one weren't you ? Reasonable price as well

Comment

Who was it on here that bought one of the cues made for O'Sullivan? Not the one that that kid listed on ebay, someone posted they were talking to John Parris in his shop and he mentioned he had some of the cues O'Sullivan had tried left over, they ended up seeing one and buying it.

There was this one

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...-1400-for-sale

And one other that came later. Can't recall who had the second one though.
                            Last edited by narl; 11 February 2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Agreed just because a pro loves a cue does not mean it is for everyone; and perhaps it is fair to extend the logic to say that just because a pro has rejected it does not mean it is a bad cue for you?
                              I think Ronnie's current cues does not look to have evenly spaced chervons either...but I have only seen it on youtube so may be I am wrong.LOL
                              Does anyone know for sure, please?
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X