No announcement yet.

jawes cues snooker blog haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like it a lot. Some beautifuk splicing there. Id love a cue like that, what are specs?

Comment

• 58 1/4 long,18 oz,9.1 ferrul.

Comment

• Looks quite nice Jim, but I prefer a trad 4 splice butt with or without a decorative front splice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I don't like too much splicing, I think it ends up looking cheap. That would be perfect Jim if it had the ebony all the way round.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• i think it looks cheap and no better then one you would buy in argos,but that is just my opinion but appreciate the hard work that has gone into the cue itself.im happy with my gbl cue.

Comment

• Ouch Ouch Ouch lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                Ouch Ouch Ouch lol
                Yep, thought the last post was a bit harsh, Argos!!! lol.

I like it, it's a bit different but still looks good. If it keeps the cost of making the cue down and means you can get a good cue on a low end budget it cant be bad.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9018189.htm

I know which one I would rather own

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                  Yep, thought the last post was a bit harsh, Argos!!! lol.

I like it, it's a bit different but still looks good. If it keeps the cost of making the cue down and means you can get a good cue on a low end budget it cant be bad.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9018189.htm

I know which one I would rather own
                  i didnt mean it like that maybe argos was the wrong choice of words i was just giving my opinion and if i could delete that post if i could as i dont want to upset anyone but it wont allow me to.

Comment

• No offence taken, it was produced as a cheap playable cue which it is tried it last nite,it was done on spur of the moment,and to be Honest for £100 its a good playing cue.

Comment

• I couldn't believe Argos did a cue for £150!! Just because it only has top splicings doesn't make it look cheap in my opinion as it's all nice natural wood. What I think makes a cue look cheap is garish coloured veneers, I've seen some Parris cues on here that look awful to me, but each to their own, everyone has their own idea of a good looking cue.

Comment

No offence taken, it was produced as a cheap playable cue which it is tried it last nite,it was done on spur of the moment,and to be Honest for £100 its a good playing cue.

£100 ...it's a bargain !
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

well not mutch reaction to this do people want realy fancy butt or plain butts,.
                          Hey Jim mate I like it! Great balance between the size of splicing and some nice quality woods on show and a great way to produce a cue for those who want something handcrafted in the UK for a very reasonable price or after a lightweight cue. Perhaps good for a range of junior cues at slightly shorter lengths.

Any pics of the shaft mate?
                          On Cue Facebook Page
                          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• What kind of finish have you used on the butt Jim?
                            Reason I ask is I got a couple of plain ash, but fully finished/weight cues from craftsman to leave at the local club, and with very little use at all the butts look very tired already, I though it might because ash isn't a hard enough timber for the abuse the butt end gets - but maybe I imagined that?
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Don't think it looks too bad myself, a bit different from the norm which is a good thing to some people. If it keeps the cost down there might be a market for the players on a very tight budget!
                              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• another on same lines but different lol.,

Comment

Working...
                                X