This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    So, what's the deal with my JP Majestic. Where was it knocked up..??..
    JP has stated very clearly several times and I'm sure it's on his website that all of his cues are made completely in his workshop. Unlike the two big makers who've been indirectly named here, I've seen no evidence on TSF since I joined to suggest that JP is lying. There were rumours years ago but if they were ever true then I don't think they are now. I would buy his cues with confidence on that particular issue.

He might be the biggest beneficiary of this whole thread : )
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
      JP has stated very clearly several times and I'm sure it's on his website that all of his cues are made completely in his workshop. Unlike the two big makers who've been indirectly named here, I've seen no evidence on TSF since I joined to suggest that JP is lying. There were rumours years ago but if they were ever true then I don't think they are now. I would buy his cues with confidence on that particular issue.

He might be the biggest beneficiary of this whole thread : )
      Him and Trevor, I'm just glad I'm nearly at the end of my wait for my new TW

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Don't think so lol, it was Andy that sold it !
        I believe Andy is one of the good guys
        JRC you are spot on 100%
        Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
        Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
        https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
        S36 1LB

Comment

• Originally Posted by choice View Post
          Steve Day, We will set up together and I'll go halves........L.O.L.
          It would be easier for me if, instead of me badging it, I could sell you the cue for £100 profit, then you badge and sell for your £100 profit. To save time, and having to get out of bed for the delivery, I could get it shipped from the other buyer so I don't even need to handle it lol

Comment

• do you use a traditional plane andy ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
              i have asked andy to call me already, dont think he wants too ?
              Crispens choice to put this on the forum, this is where it stays
              S36 1LB

Comment

• Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                Him and Trevor, I'm just glad I'm nearly at the end of my wait for my new TW
                Congrats when you get it. I just could never handle the long wait and wish I'd ordered years ago when they were saying it was only 6 months lol.
                Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• ok i will go to the workshop then, a little late but so be it...

Comment

• Crispian Jones
                    Steve Day asked for a cue to be made,by (raymo147of Exquisite Cues )and was told he couldn't do custom work as below,
                    so as he can't do custom work did you put the badges on for him????

Quote Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                    i am also a little dissapointed with the fact that raymo has refused to disscuss his position here i dont think that will change though unfortunatly ? so we probably wont get anywhere with that one

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz2aHc89Q4Y
                    - TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

Originally Posted by SteveDay View Post
                    When I was asking for a cue to be made, I was told by Raymo that he couldn't do custom work even though he said he fully handmade his cues, which made no sense because if he was making from scratch then he could just as well have made one with the extra length like I wanted.

Who is supplying the Thai cues? Presumably they aren't all buying in bulk direct from Thailand, so is it the same UK supplier that's supplying them all with Thai cues in order that they can re-badge them?
                    Last edited by choice; 27 July 2013, 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• just to give all the viewers time to understand the diagram ive just threw up, the thai cues are spliced using machinery that makes the splices convext in the way they are added (not plained in a straight line) so if im right when i plane out the one splice with a handplane there is no way of following that path !

this will leave an area of the cue with ebony exposed, just like a puddle of water would collect in a dip !
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by choice View Post
                        Crispian Jones
                        Steve Day asked for a cue to be made,and was told he couldn't do custom work as below,
                        so as he can't do custom work did you put the badges on for him????

Quote Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                        i am also a little dissapointed with the fact that raymo has refused to disscuss his position here i dont think that will change though unfortunatly ? so we probably wont get anywhere with that one

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz2aHc89Q4Y
                        - TSF - TheSnookerForum.com
                        I think you are getting confused mate, Steve day asked Raymo who makes Exquisite Cues to make him a custom cue which Raymo refused to do even though he claims all his cues are handmade by him from the start. As far as I'm concerned crispian hasn't badged anyone else cues and is completely honest when badging his cues as either customised or handmade
                        77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• Well done Rob. Don't want to confuse things even more!

Comment

Pink

Add as Friend Add as Friend
                            Send Private Message Send Private Message
                            Email Send Email
                            Add to Ignore List Add to Ignore List
                            Find latest posts Find latest posts
                            Find latest started threads Find latest started threads
                            Mini Statistics
                            Join Date 15th September 2007
                            Current Activity Viewing Thread handmade ??? probably not !!!
                            Last Activity Today 10:42 PM

As raymo147 is viewing he can answer then,??
                            Last edited by choice; 27 July 2013, 09:50 PM. Reason: copy and paste

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                              Crispens choice to put this on the forum, this is where it stays
                              andy, when you make a 1 piece cue do you use a full length piece of ash or do you use a 50" piece like the thai cues ?

Comment

• [QUOTE=crispian jones;722471]do you use a traditional plane andy ?[/QUOT

No, I use a Stanley wood plane
                                S36 1LB

Comment

Working...
                                X