No announcement yet.

Towards Perfect Cue Ball Control - The D Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If folk are having trouble with the 'Rocket' routine, try this instead: pot all the reds to the middle bags, red, colour, red. Begin on the red above the black, pot that into a corner to get you going. If you want to pot colours to the middles as well, even better. Good practice for those fearful of middle bag shots. On club tables a lot of balls roll in to the cushion before the bag at dead weight, so this will help you decide when to play to the far knuckle and swing it in. This tends to be needed on cuts to the middle rather than fat shots on OBs between the pink and blue. Many tables are 'tented' in clubs. Anyway, this routine is quite fun as you get all round the table. Plenty of space to work with but you do have to cue over other balls which is a good skill to have.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
      If folk are having trouble with the 'Rocket' routine, try this instead: pot all the reds to the middle bags, red, colour, red. Begin on the red above the black, pot that into a corner to get you going. If you want to pot colours to the middles as well, even better. Good practice for those fearful of middle bag shots. On club tables a lot of balls roll in to the cushion before the bag at dead weight, so this will help you decide when to play to the far knuckle and swing it in. This tends to be needed on cuts to the middle rather than fat shots on OBs between the pink and blue. Many tables are 'tented' in clubs. Anyway, this routine is quite fun as you get all round the table. Plenty of space to work with but you do have to cue over other balls which is a good skill to have.

any chance of a vid of it being done pal?
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• btw... how the fook do you pot the colours into the middle bags too seeing as the reds pretty much block the paths to the middle bags?

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
          btw... how the fook do you pot the colours into the middle bags too seeing as the reds pretty much block the paths to the middle bags?
          Quite. You've got to remove the obstructing reds into the middles first, e.g. to release the blue. The pink just passes between the two reds into the middle on both sides. Can't make it too easy bud. Vid, possibly, but not this wkend, got other plans.

If folk have problems with red, colour, red, they could just pot the reds, it's still good middle bag practice.
          Last edited by barrywhite; 29 January 2016, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Quite. You've got to remove the obstructing reds into the middles first, e.g. to release the blue. Can't make it too easy bud. Vid, possibly, but not this wkend, got other plans.
            ahhhh you said start with the red near the black....

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
              ahhhh you said start with the red near the black....
              Sorry to sound like bazza's wing man but he did say start with first red to corner. I do agree though about time we saw a video of the master bazza.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Sorry to sound like bazza's wing man but he did say start with first red to corner. I do agree though about time we saw a video of the master bazza.
                Yeah and ??? how are you supposed to pot a colour into the middle ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  I assume he means red black bottom bags then red pink to middle, sure the video will reveal all, he's been quiet for 2 minutes, must be on with it?
                  No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Quite. You've got to remove the obstructing reds into the middles first, e.g. to release the blue. The pink just passes between the two reds into the middle on both sides. Can't make it too easy bud. Vid, possibly, but not this wkend, got other plans.

If folk have problems with red, colour, red, they could just pot the reds, it's still good middle bag practice.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    In his next post he explains that.

Comment

• I think we all know there's no chance at all of him posting a vid of him doing this

Comment

• Is that a 3/4 size table ? Might be the camera angle but looks 3/4 in that photo

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                          Is that a 3/4 size table ? Might be the camera angle but looks 3/4 in that photo

Nope. 12ft.

Comment

• No videos yet? Of anything you've promised?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jedwick View Post
                              No videos yet? Of anything you've promised?
                              Incorrect, Golf has seen my D test video. I will try and do a video for Guru Golf this week but I don't have my own table so it will have to wait after I've done my WS coach stuff. It would be brilliant if Tom147 did a video of this to show you how to handle the reds next to the blue but also the eight cuts to the middle.
                              Last edited by barrywhite; 30 January 2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Incorrect, Golf has seen my D test video. I will try and do a video for Guru Golf this week but I don't have my own table so it will have to wait after I've done my WS coach stuff. It would be brilliant if Tom147 did a video of this to show you how to handle the reds next to the blue but also the eight cuts to the middle.
                                are you training to be a coach, or already coaching Master B?

Comment

Working...
                                X