• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you never know
    You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
    BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I really can't see a guy who wants to sell cues again is going to make something sub standard . Especially as he knows that Cazmac is a member of this Forum . He would obviously not want any bad publicity .
      Good luck with your purchase .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

For anyone interested , the Website for his cues is up and running with all one piece cues shown .

Comment

I agree with Neil and I willing to take a chance.

Comment

I also agree with Neil. I am really expecting that you will get a great cue from Keith
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
              I also agree with Neil. I am really expecting that you will get a great cue from Keith
              Well, I hate to say this but......Personally, I wouldn't hold your breath.

From my own personal memory of Keith (which has only been through this website I might add) he initially made it clear he was here to 'help' other 'budding cue makers' by sharing his knowledge, and that he had no interest in producing cues or making money from TSF. Shortly afterwards (within a few weeks) he was offering timber for sale, and then launched a website whereby he was apparently making cues again.

Work it out as you will.

He then became extremely agressive towards Mike Wooldridge in particular, but also towards me, which in my view, was unnecessary. Numerous exchanges were made and it turned into a real spectacle, with Keith seeming to disappear in a cloud of mystery.

I wish Keith the best of health, and hope that if he does try to reintegrate within this community that he does so in a more balanced way than he has previously done. If members wish to question the knowldeg or integrity of anyone who passes through here, then surely they should be allowed to do that without being vilified for doing so.

I'm sure a few previous threads can be found if anyone wishes to read through them. Perhaps if that's offered up, people can make up their own minds on that period in time.

Comment

I'm aware that keith has some history on the forum and it does bother me a bit. I'm willing to give keith the chance to show what he can do as a cue maker and take it from there. Although I don't want to end up with egg on my face and out of pocket.
                Has anyone on the forum ever owned a cue from keith and how did they rate his cues. Surely you can't have been making cues for 30 years without some success?
                I'm also concerned that if I don't like the cue (and there a good chance with my record) I will have difficulty in moving it on or getting any money back on the resale. I'm just hoping the guy can turn it round not only as a cue maker but also turn around his reputation on the forum.

Comment

I bought a Keith Auld cue on ebay about a year ago. Fortunately it was very cheap with somewhere around 35 GBP.
                  Nice timber, nice flex in the ash shaft.
                  But the craftsmanship was horrible: The cue was not even round, it was oval. About 1" difference between the highest and the lowest splicing. Badge not properly fitted.
                  I am sure all the hobby and semi-pro cue maker here on TSF do a by far better job than Keith Auld did on that cue.

I am sorry...
                  I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                    Caz... how many cues have you been through? ( srs question ).

The cue you lost years ago... do you remember the specs? Or it was so long ago ( at the current time younger ppl don't always seem to take as much notice maybe, as they do when they're older ).
                    I think in the last 4 years I've been through about 5 cues. I expect this to increase as I have made up my mine to try as many cues as I can until I find that cue with something special. I have to say the TW cue I sold with the ebony and maple splices was not far off and I should have hanged on to it til I found the right cue.
                    Your also right about my original cue, I didn't know the specs at all.
                    With regards to cue I think ronnie is in the perfect postion, He knows his specs and can change his cue at will and still play at a high level, Ronnie blows away the mith that a players needs months and years to get use to a cue.

Comment

A year n a half back, i got a Keith Auld cue from a friend who had paid about 400GBP for a Traditional design cue which he later sold me for a mere 75GBP(which imo is very cheap for a UK made cue).

The cue plays pretty well but i will have to say that the shaft is ugly(my friend requested for selected shaft), the craftsmanship is pretty bad with uneven ebony chevron n like chatlag said, the badge is badly placed.

Caz,
                      I doubt you will get anything significant back if you are not satisfied with the cue cos everyone here will definitely shun away simply when they see a "Keith Auld" cue.

Comment

Cue Order Cancel

I have now cancel the cue order from Keith Auld. I've had so much negative feed back and to be honest could not find anyone to willing to indorse his cues, this coupled with the fact there is no resale value in his cues I decieded not to proceed. It would be foolish for me to ignor members advice on the forum, who have lots of experiance with cues and cue makers.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                          I have now cancel the cue order from Keith Auld. I've had so much negative feed back and to be honest could not find anyone to willing to indorse his cues, this coupled with the fact there is no resale value in his cues I decieded not to proceed. It would be foolish for me to ignor members advice on the forum, who have lots of experiance with cues and cue makers.
                          Well I am sorry and I am glad for you at the same time If I could suggest go for Robin Cook if you want to try something different... You can't go wrong. Good luck with your quest
                          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

it sounds like 1 of mine what i made lol

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                              What are you going to do now Peter ? You don't have a cue at the moment .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                What are you going to do now Peter ? You don't have a cue at the moment .
                                Oh yes I do

Comment

Working...
                                X