This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
    All kidding aside, the cue is about the shaft and the strike. I wonder how many world titles have been won by cues with even splicing.
    So why do you pay so much for them ?? no better than a £250 cue really

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Loads i shouldn't wonder . We know that it is all about playability , but i personally like even splices if i am paying that sort of money for a cue .
      I'd bet less than ten. Tbh if a Thai guy can get them level for ten bob a day a so called top craftsman should be able to do it whether you're paying a grand or not but it still makes no difference to the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        So why do you pay so much for them ?? no better than a £250 cue really
        Because, brilliantly, over time cue makers seem to have convinced people it matters and people are falling for it. I understand the impulse to own nice things and it is nice to pay for and own expensive products but level splicing is the way things should be so cue makers are actually charging a premuim for doing the job properly.

It's remarkable when you think about it.

Comment

Cues are a funny thing, if I played with one and loved it, it wouldn't bother me what it looked like, but if I just bought one without playing with it, I would buy what my eye likes.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think that the majority of people are exactly the same .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Because, brilliantly, over time cue makers seem to have convinced people it matters and people are falling for it. I understand the impulse to own nice things and it is nice to pay for and own expensive products but level splicing is the way things should be so cue makers are actually charging a premuim for doing the job properly.

It's remarkable when you think about it.
              Yeah but on the cue in question a premium has/is being charged, BUT the cue is sub standard !! it should be on sale for £200 lol

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Cues are a funny thing, if I played with one and loved it, it wouldn't bother me what it looked like, but if I just bought one without playing with it, I would buy what my eye likes.
                Correct. If you're a player you try it and buy what works. If you're a collector or rubbish you buy a pretty cue. Cue makers are turning snooker into golf.

Great gear = no idea.

Comment

Yeah but on the cue in question a premium has/is being charged, BUT the cue is sub standard !! it should be on sale for £200 lol
                  No mate. A proper one should be £200. This should be £80. Unless it's "the one" in which case it's priceless.

Comment

Correct. If you're a player you try it and buy what works. If you're a collector or rubbish you buy a pretty cue. Cue makers are turning snooker into golf.

Great gear = no idea.
                    Well that's not really fair is it, a "player" can't always get to try out a cue before buying it, and is impossible if you custom spec a cue !
                    What you said there is every person is rubbish if they didn't try out the cue first !!

Comment

Well that's not really fair is it, a "player" can't always get to try out a cue before buying it, and is impossible if you custom spec a cue !
                      What you said there is every person is rubbish if they didn't try out the cue first !!
                      That's not what I said.

Comment

That's not what I said.
                        It kinda was

Comment

Personally I think if your paying a lot of money for a top of the range product it should be right regardless what your level of play is on a snooker table.

Comment

Can you try before you buy a JPU?
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It kinda was
                              It wasn't at all. It might be how you choose to interpret it. For example someone who orders a custom cue, whilst not trying it is not just "buying what their eye likes" are they? No.

Also who orders a custom cue and specifies even splices? Not, I'll wager, a high % of customers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrew watt View Post
                                Personally I think if your paying a lot of money for a top of the range product it should be right regardless what your level of play is on a snooker table.
                                My point being, even splicing will not enhance your level of play on the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X