No announcement yet.

sell a 58" ,18 oz ,9.5 mm coco wood + ebony cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man this thread is legendary stuff, freaking awsome.

Comment

• Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
      Cue is with the Physics PhD even as we speak (or type). Once he has done the necessaries (butt diameter, tip diameter, centre of gravity- his words not mine- and overall length) he will pass it on to the biologist. The biologist has the digital microscope and will get some photos of the splices so you can make up your own minds.
      omg!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Omehenk View Post
        man this thread is legendary stuff, freaking awsome.
        lol! I think "epic" would be an even better description. Biologist... I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Irealise you are all hanging on my every word these days.

Length 1,472 mm (58" almost exactly)
          Weight 509.6 grammes (18 ounces)
          Point of balance 395mm (15.55")
          Tip 9.5mm (can't be bothered to work that one out).
          Butt at widest part 29.24mm (1.15")

Pictures to follow once the technician has reinstalled the digital microscope software.

Do I play better with that one than a rack cue- yes I think I do but I am such a lousy player that it is difficult to tell.
          王可

Comment

Irealise you are all hanging on my every word these days.

Length 1,472 mm (58" almost exactly)
            Weight 509.6 grammes (18 ounces)
            Point of balance 395mm (15.55")
            Tip 9.5mm (can't be bothered to work that one out).
            Butt at widest part 29.24mm (1.15")

Pictures to follow once the technician has reinstalled the digital microscope software.

Do I play better with that one than a rack cue- yes I think I do but I am such a lousy player that it is difficult to tell.
            it takes a PhD that long to figure these numbers out. I bet they are all precise. So I'm gonna sit on the edge of my seat, waiting for the microscoped picture of the cue. That must be the cue picture from the most subtle device we could ever expect. BTW, Philip are you planning to upload any plain picture of the cue? nothing as precise as a microscope, a small DC or even a cell phone will do.
            Like a rolling egg.:snooker:

Comment

• I cannot believe Kevin Sharland and Phillip in China have been both receiving so much exposure and attention in the last couple weeks. Way to go guys!!!!
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Re. the photos of the cue I really don't see much point. There are plenty of snapshots of these cues around. What I want to do is post some microscope photos of the splices to prove (or disprove) the contention that they are spliced and not just sprayed black. I thought a photo with the digi microscope would show the grain of the ebony, the splice and the grain of the cocowood better than any other way.
                王可

Comment

Re. the photos of the cue I really don't see much point. There are plenty of snapshots of these cues around. What I want to do is post some microscope photos of the splices to prove (or disprove) the contention that they are spliced and not just sprayed black. I thought a photo with the digi microscope would show the grain of the ebony, the splice and the grain of the cocowood better than any other way.
                  I am not sure if that will do.
                  What we need is a magnetic resonance tomograph to know for sure what is inside.
                  I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                    I am not sure if that will do.
                    What we need is a magnetic resonance tomograph to know for sure what is inside.
                    And Radio Carbon Dating, Ph levels and measures of torsional rigidity please. Any chance of a molecular breakdown of the join to see if it really is brass too
                    sigpic <---New Website
                    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

• Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                      And Radio Carbon Dating, Ph levels and measures of torsional rigidity please. Any chance of a molecular breakdown of the join to see if it really is brass too
                      And we need a genetic finger print to determin the origin of the "wood" or the whateveritisium.

Comment

• I am sorry. You now take me into realms of which I have no experience so am unable to help. I hope to post the photos I promised as I am now told that the digi microscope has been fixed. I thought that such pictures might be of interest.
                        王可

Comment

I am sorry. You now take me into realms of which I have no experience so am unable to help. I hope to post the photos I promised as I am now told that the digi microscope has been fixed. I thought that such pictures might be of interest.
                          Subtle irony is sometimes difficult to understand, isn't it?
                          Especially in a foreign language, Philip...
                          I know because I am also not a native English speaker.

But in 70% of our replies in this thread we made some jokes...

Comment

• What has amused me all along is the assumption by some on the forum that because I can write gramatically correct sentences I must be a foreigner. I am reminded of Pygmalion- I cannot remember the exact quote. Of course Shaw wasn't English although he would have qualified as a native English speaker.

Expect the pictures tomorrow and then, sorry my friends, but this thread really will end as far as I am concerned.
                            王可

Comment

What has amused me all along is the assumption by some on the forum that because I can write gramatically correct sentences I must be a foreigner. I am reminded of Pygmalion- I cannot remember the exact quote. Of course Shaw wasn't English although he would have qualified as a native English speaker.

Expect the pictures tomorrow and then, sorry my friends, but this thread really will end as far as I am concerned.
                              so that means you are not going to take a cameo role in the planned films???

Comment

• Phillip is the mad snooker cue scientist from China.
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X