• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by samad View Post
    I should expect he will come round with his findings soon
    ya me too.
    Like a rolling egg.:snooker:

Comment

has he fell on the microscope and got it stuck somewhere?

Comment

Give philip some time, its only been 4 days since he got it........

Comment

we want some results immediatelly!!!
          You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

okay guys, here's what happened, I went to buy one just for the fun of it, and if you were waiting for the update, I've got some news here for you... To ADR147, I'd say, don't bother waiting for one to test out, you'll waste your time and expertise...

so here's the full story, the cue arrived packed alright, but upon opening, there's a few deep dents which I've spotted right away, but that's ok... upon further examining, the cue hasn't even been finished properly, the shaft are dirty with black marks on a few places, and you'll find blobs of lacquar at the bottom of the butt where the extension connects...

But here is the best part, upon checking out the splice, on close inspection, and I couldn't believe my eyes!! The splice is PAINTED, in BLACK PAINT, honestly I haven't seen something like this FOR A LONG TIME... I know the cue was cheap, but NOT THIS CHEAP... so ADR147, I don't think you'll want/need to inspect one...

Anyway, I'm going to put on an elk tip maybe tomorrow, just to see how this "handmade", "beautiful hand painted spliced" going to hit the ball, if any of you guys are interested to know the details, I'll keep you posted... LOL....

Comment

here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3572/13082009291.jpg
              http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/958/13082009293.jpg
              http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1529/13082009299.jpg

Comment

i can't see the pics, any clue?

Comment

could the imageshack website be blocked by China?

ok, so I had a few hits with the cue before the tip fell off, and it was consistently throwing to one side when a shot was played with power, so I've found my answer when the tip came off, firstly, the ferrule was not fitted to the true centre, ie. one side of the ferrule is thicker than the other side, and secondly, the top of the ferrule is not even flat!

So my second test where I was going to fit another tip properly so I can try a few basic and advance shots, is not going ahead because I can not fit the new tip on a slanted surface, I'll see if I can head to the local club where I can get hold of a cue top sander...

so right now, I can conclude, this Kevin Sharland is not a real person, this cue maker does not exist, for 2 reason, one, the cue aren't even a hand spliced cue, secondly, the name badge was not even fitted properly, it's got glue all over the place and the badge is not even straight! No one would ever do that to their own name...

The cue was not handmade, the cuemaker (if you even call it that) don't even know how to fit a ferrule properly... anyway, you get the idea.... but it's all a bit of fun, although I was so looking forward to receive the cue, but the painted splicing ruined all the fun... now I have to find out what am I going do with this firewood!

btw, I'm sure when the words spread, this "Kevin Sharland" will just changed the badge and do it all over again, maybe name it to "Bobby Charlton" or something... So fellow snooker players, lookout...

Comment

When Phillip tried to test the cue using the equipment in his university with his PhD friend, the metal join in the cue ruined the MRI and caused a black out for the whole city for 15 hours. A big typhoon then hit Southern China and Taiwan.

The brilliant Chinese secret service suspected that these two incidents are related. Phillip was arrested for espionage by the Chinese government and is now serving life sentence in an unknown labor camp.

He is being interrigated daily on the whereabout of "Kevin Sherland" and the agency that "Kevin Sherland" works for.

His PhD friend took the cue and managed to escape. Although he is badly injured, he is determined to continue where Phillip left off. He is running secret tests on the cue in an underground lab unbeknown to the government. When he has all his findings, he will try to smuggle his findings on a micro film out of the country and hopefully it will get published one day.

So, please be patient.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 12 August 2009, 06:11 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

OH NO!!! That may be where I'm missing the point!!

This is NOT about the cue... IT'S THE SECRET INSIDE THE CUE......... :O

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        When Phillip tried to test the cue using the equipment in his university with his PhD friend, the metal join in the cue ruined the MRI and caused a black out for the whole city for 15 hours. A big typhoon then hit Southern China and Taiwan.

The brilliant Chinese secret service suspected that these two incidents are related. Phillip was arrested for espionage by the Chinese government and is now serving life sentence in an unknown labor camp.

He is being interrigated daily on the whereabout of "Kevin Sherland" and the agency that "Kevin Sherland" works for.

His PhD friend took the cue and managed to escape. Although he is badly injured, he is determined to continue where Phillip left off. He is running secret tests on the cue in an underground lab unbeknown to the government. When he has all his findings, he will try to smuggle his findings on a micro film out of the country and hopefully it will get published one day.

So, please be patient.
                        LOL... Nice post =.=
                        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
                          could the imageshack website be blocked by China?
                          ahh, that is true. I just saw the image thru a proxy in my office. that cue is amazing...................ly terrible. I could make a better one than that.

Comment

So, please be patient.
                            awesome story, we could totally make a movie out of it. what about a new James Bond movie, do they have a script yet?

Comment

Originally Posted by lclichen View Post
                              awesome story, we could totally make a movie out of it. what about a new James Bond movie, do they have a script yet?
                              Kevin Sherland is a British secret agent disguised as a very lousy cue maker working out of China, sending out top classified information to the Western world via his ebay sales. The Chinese has been trying to catch him for a long time.
                              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 January 2010, 09:08 PM.
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Kevin Sherland is a British secret agent disguised as a very lousy cue maker working out of China, sending out top classified information to the Western world via his ebay sales. The Chinese has been trying to catch him for a long time.
                                the secret was unveiled by a snooker maniac who bought a "top handmade cue" which turned out to be a firewood, with secret codes on the painted splice. KS was put on the most wanted list of China. and it's James Bond to the rescue....

Comment

Working...
                                X